Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes
  1.    #21  
    Update...

I later discovered that only the right half of my screen works fully. No sensitivity on the left half. BUT, it does still charge from the TouchStone, play media files and everything else a TouchPad is supposed to do!
    hey, man, i know you don't like webos and all but doing that to your touchpad is just not cool

/s
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

They don't call it Gorilla Glass for nothing!

I think they only charge $600 to fix those -- oh, wait! that's Apple products.

I agree that you should not pitch it (deliberately, that is). You could still use it as a Bluetooth MP3 player at home, or something. I'd bet somebody would be willing to pay $50 for it as is, just for the parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    They don't call it Gorilla Glass for nothing!

I think they only charge $600 to fix those -- oh, wait! that's Apple products.

I agree that you should not pitch it (deliberately, that is). You could still use it as a Bluetooth MP3 player at home, or something. I'd bet somebody would be willing to pay $50 for it as is, just for the parts.
    I actually might be willing to pay $50 for it... Renderhaus, check your Private messages
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I actually might be willing to pay $50 for it... Renderhaus, check your Private messages

Sorry, Audemars02. I think I'll hold onto it. For now, at least...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My friend broke his in a similar manner. Bought a digitizer w/ frame on Ebay for $22 and fixed it in less than an hour. Works like new now.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    My kids dropped my Touchpad on the tile floor of the kitchen (their ipads have kid proof bumbers but they had to use mine). The screen and the hardware popped out of the case by 1/4 inch and it took a spatula to finagle it back in.

I thought I had it rough, I feel your pain.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
  8.    #28  
    Dang, imurrx. That's rough. Did it still work? I've gotta say, I'd much rather it be broken at my own hand rather than my boys.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I'm using it right now. The edge of the plastic bezel is chipped when I put I back in. The only thing that does not work are the head phone jack. The kids know better now.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Is there a remote for any of the media player that can be launched in the TP? Looks like it would be a perfect device to have squirreled away and pump out music while controlling it with your cellphone/new touchpad. Plex maybe?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Subsonic works pretty well with the "XO" app It can control the Jukebox (media server) playback or playback locally on device.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12