Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #1  
    Now, the Beta version by Chomper_T arrives!

    Update to v0.75 (2013-03-23)

    Please delete PSP directory (/media/internal/PSP) before install.

    v0.75

    Github Link

    Changelog:

    1. Add LandScape support (manual). please don't change LandScape setting and Dynamic Shader setting after load game.

    2. Now, it supports ALL WebOS device except Pixi/Pixi Plus.

    3. strongly suggest that don't use Media Engine.

    4. Buffered Rendering has a great influence on the performance. (I guess his subtext is that Buffered Rendering has a great influence on the performance and stability.)

    For Touchpad, press home button to show the configuration menu and save/load.

    For cellphone, please check the below table:

    Cellphone control.png

    thanks for the PSP emulator (not for WebOS) from ppsspp.org

    ------------------------------------------Previous Released-----------------------------------------------------------

    2013-03-21

    SUPPORT TOUCHPAD.
    NOT SUPPORT WEBOS CELLPHONE YET. ——Chomper_T says he will fix the vertical screen problem and black screen problem for cellphone. BTW, it doesn't work on my PRE3.

    ENGLISH INTERFACE.

    v0.70

    Github Link

    And thanks for the PSP emulator (not for WebOS) from ppsspp.org


    2013-03-18

    Chomper_T, as known as the developer of JVM & mplayer for WebOS, sent a Tweet on his Chinese twitter 'Weibo' today. He uploaded a screenshot of his PSP emulator for WebOS.

    Also he said, 'this is the alpha edition of the PSP emulator for WebOS with a few modifications, and bugs of audio portion are disgusting.'

    His earlier tweet shows that he did some research on code of a PSP emulator (not for WebOS) from ppsspp.org
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Desmond.Du; 03/23/2013 at 07:11 PM.
    geekpeter, g.vos, Rnp and 3 others like this.
  2. #2  
    he certainly starts some interesting projects, id always hoped someone would take his android in a card project further one day, im guessing the spoken/documented launguage barrier is probably 1 issue for that which is a shame, hes always seemed pretty damned talented.

    Always makes me wonder how much help/assistance/fellow dev support he has over there compard to whats left over here, is there a webosnation type setup over his neck of the woods or is he kinda on his own out there?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Desmond.Du likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    he certainly starts some interesting projects, id always hoped someone would take his android in a card project further one day, im guessing the spoken/documented launguage barrier is probably 1 issue for that which is a shame, hes always seemed pretty damned talented.

    Always makes me wonder how much help/assistance/fellow dev support he has over there compard to whats left over here, is there a webosnation type setup over his neck of the woods or is he kinda on his own out there?
    As far as I know, android in a card project is one case, integrating his Chinese input into LunaCE is another case. Furthermore, I can ask him is there any else later.
    Last edited by Desmond.Du; 03/18/2013 at 02:24 PM.
  4. #4  
    PSXPlayer just got canned... this is much better!
  5. #5  
    Unrelated note... I actually hope he starts working on a WeChat app, now that WhatsApp starts even for iOS charging I started to get this feeling I will be forced on that.
    hunland likes this.
  6. #6  
    Chomper_T come from Guangzhou City ????
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    he certainly starts some interesting projects, id always hoped someone would take his android in a card project further one day, im guessing the spoken/documented launguage barrier is probably 1 issue for that which is a shame, hes always seemed pretty damned talented.

    Always makes me wonder how much help/assistance/fellow dev support he has over there compard to whats left over here, is there a webosnation type setup over his neck of the woods or is he kinda on his own out there?
    I get some answers from him:

    1. He has developed on his own for a long time, few of his apps are open source.

    2. His apps were not developed unless he was not busy on his job. However, he finds solo is hard way now.

    3. Anyway, he thinks that the chief responsibility of those issues lay with himself. Therefore, he decides to open source (as github etc.) in future as much as possible so that everyone is welcome to fork or maintenance etc..
    geekpeter and Rnp like this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.Du View Post
    I get some answers from him:

    1. He is kinda on his own for a long time, few of his apps are open source.

    2. His apps were not developed unless he was not busy on his job. However, he finds solo is hard way now.

    3. Anyway, he thinks that the chief responsibility of those issues lay with himself. Therefore, he decides to open source (as github etc.) in future as much as possible so that everyone is welcome to fork or maintenance etc..
    hes another webOS legend imho, still amazed hes hung on even to this day, esp if hes a developer minority for webOS out there, really hope someone helps him or contributes to his projects past and present.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Desmond.Du likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Chomper_T come from Guangzhou City ????
    Not sure. his weibo shows he comes from Shenzhen.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    hes another webOS legend imho, still amazed hes hung on even to this day, esp if hes a developer minority for webOS out there, really hope someone helps him or contributes to his projects past and present.
    Agreed. WebOS app development is far from feed him. That is the reason he has to work so hard and treat WebOS and Blackberry app development as his personal preferences. Anyway, hope the open source can break the launguage barrier, and makes his more ideas come true.
    Last edited by Desmond.Du; 03/19/2013 at 02:32 PM.
    geekpeter likes this.
  11. #11  
    Wait...Chomper_T is young guy who we call "C Da Sheng" in chinese webos ....He had put the open webos into the touchpad in last month..........
    Attaching two picturs from his Weibo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rnp, Desmond.Du, sshaka and 1 others like this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Wait...Chomper_T is young guy who we call "C Da Sheng" in chinese webos ....He had put the open webos into the touchpad in last month..........
    Attaching two picturs from his Weibo.
    Wait, WHAT??? OpenwebOS on legacy devices? how did he manage this? Do you have any video?
  13. #13  
    That's true. Not a joke..... On Chomper_T's 2/5 weibo. He said that" Openwebos can run into touchpad device mostly.but some drivers need to re-write..."

    Desmond Du

    Would you ask "C Da Sheng" more details for touchpad device running openwebos. ...Can make a short video.....
    Think about it. Can upgrade touchpad from webos to openwebos......
  14. #14  
    cool
    which drivers did he rewrite? which ones are still missing?
  15. #15  
    People already stated before that it's not IMPOSSIBLE to make it run! The 3.3+ kernel doesn't seem to be a hard requirement for Open webOS. I had several sources confirm that 3.0+ should work and even 2.6+ could work!

    Seeing we have drivers for both 2.6 and 3.0 that makes it very well possible to run Open webOS on classic devices. We just need the right people, knowledge, resources and time to make it happen.

    WebOS Ports focuses on the "easy" targets that are more open. Once they have something properly running on that I'm sure we'll see other ports coming along. I also believe looking at the Open webOS source code, that it should be fairly easy to get Mojo running on it, just the licensing is a problem, since it wasn't open sourced.

    But someone could easily write a "Build" script that downloads a Legacy webOS Doctor, extracts Mojo and includes it in the build. This should theoretically work, however you can only distribute the build script, not the actual image to flash onto a device due to the copyrights.
    Desmond.Du likes this.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    That's true. Not a joke..... On Chomper_T's 2/5 weibo. He said that" Openwebos can run into touchpad device mostly.but some drivers need to re-write..."

    Desmond Du

    Would you ask "C Da Sheng" more details for touchpad device running openwebos. ...Can make a short video.....
    Think about it. Can upgrade touchpad from webos to openwebos......
    yes, I am willing to ask him about it. however, due to time difference between Western and Eastern country, I guess you guys can get the answer tomorrow.
    lemanho and Rnp like this.
  17.    #17  
    Guys, here are the answers from Chomper_T:

    1. Generally, he just makes touchpad device run openwebos without PDK.

    2. He did some works on eGL, which means running openwebos with graphics acceleration.

    3. About nyx, he did parts compiler.

    4. Whole Files size is too large to upload to github. Also, it is a whole set of programming.

    5. Recently, he is very busy. However, he will try his best to make time to do all these…
    daexpression likes this.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.Du View Post
    Guys, here are the answers from Chomper_T:

    1. Generally, he just makes touchpad device run openwebos without PDK.

    2. He did some works on eGL, which means running openwebos with graphics acceleration.

    3. About nyx, he did parts compiler.

    4. Whole Files size is too large to upload to github. Also, it is a whole set of programming.

    5. Recently, he is very busy. However, he will try his best to make time to do all these…
    Thank you!
    I'd really like a video to see how is the overall performance as he got hard acceleration.
    Please next time you have the opportunity to get in touch with him I have some questions:
    -Did he compile it for 2.6 kernel, if not how did he manage with the drivers for 3.3+?
    -Is he using openEmbedded?
    -How is the boot? is it self booting or tethered as webosports's?
    -Is it using Isis browser or 3.XX browser?
    -What isn't working yet? (wifi, sound, BT, camera, Sensors)

    And I think we should start a new thread about these news
    Desmond.Du likes this.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    Thank you!
    I'd really like a video to see how is the overall performance as he got hard acceleration.
    Please next time you have the opportunity to get in touch with him I have some questions:
    -Did he compile it for 2.6 kernel, if not how did he manage with the drivers for 3.3+?
    -Is he using openEmbedded?
    -How is the boot? is it self booting or tethered as webosports's?
    -Is it using Isis browser or 3.XX browser?
    -What isn't working yet? (wifi, sound, BT, camera, Sensors)

    And I think we should start a new thread about these news
    Here are the answers:

    1. 2.6.35 kernel
    2. For openWebOS, yes. It is not impossible to write the whole system library through python and pdk, but not for a guy on-the-job.
    3. It was runing on chroot. Actually, Root part is not hard at all. For WobOS and android devices using ramdisk with *.ini works.
    4. The browser was newest version packaged by webkit, which means yes. But he did find difference between Isis browser and 3.XX one.
    5. He didn't find any frameworks for camera & BT in openwebos. But there are something for sensors in nyx. Wifi is not a big problem.
    The Wifi on openwebos for works like that: openwebos <-->socket <--> linux. Therefore, for TP, the only thing needs to be done is the UI controller for wifi.

    BTW, I asked about the video. He says, recently, he has not time to do anything for openwobos or he has to resign. However, he will follow his other little apps.
    lemanho and daexpression like this.
  20. #20  
    hmm..man if we can get out TP out in the Open Webos...with the new browser..that would be cool..and use methods to connect to profile emulating a 3.0.5.. possible?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions