Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    both versions of the ipk?
    This version:
    http://173.208.211.19/chomper.app.pp....7.5_armv7.ipk
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    delete that 1, try the other first, see what happens.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #43  
    Cannot install it on TouchPad 4G using WOSQI. Endless circle rotation after I press Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    I haven't been able to get it to launch on pre2. the icon glows for a couple of seconds but doesn't launch. any ideas (I installed it via preware)?

cheers in advance for any advice

Vito
    about your guys' device, any luck now?
    delete that 1, try the other first, see what happens.
    Where to get this "other"?
    Where to get this "other"?
    first page the op has links to the later version at the top, farther down is links for the first release.
  6. vgg
    Hi Desmond et al,

Still no joy here.

I've downloaded both the one from post #1 http://173.208.211.19/chomper.app.pp....7.5_armv7.ipk and also the one from post #32 http://t.cn/zYsLwfa.
    I've installed them both via preware and have no problems installing them. They app icon appears but when I click on the the icon it glows for a couple of seconds but then nothing... I've also tried downloading onto my computer and transferiing to pre2 and downloading directly from my pre2, both within preware and using the web-browser to download and then using preware to access the downloaded ipk file.

I'm one seriously confused
    Hi Desmond et al,

Still no joy here.

I've downloaded both the one from post #1 http://173.208.211.19/chomper.app.pp....7.5_armv7.ipk and also the one from post #32 http://t.cn/zYsLwfa.
    I've installed them both via preware and have no problems installing them. They app icon appears but when I click on the the icon it glows for a couple of seconds but then nothing... I've also tried downloading onto my computer and transferiing to pre2 and downloading directly from my pre2, both within preware and using the web-browser to download and then using preware to access the downloaded ipk file.

tried installing with internalZ or webosquickinstall, i just used internalZ and all was well.
    Interesting. Can't wait to get mine to help test this out as I have a modded PSP and have collected quite a few gigs of used games from Gamestop. Nice to see some stuff being done like this still.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
  9.    #49  
    Hi Desmond et al,

Still no joy here.

I will post a thread in Chinese forum to survey that this problem is common on Pre2 or not.
    If problem is common on Pre2, then I will tell Chomper_T to fix it; else you may have to use webOSDoctor.
    Wait a minute...This runs on phones too?

Stupid but i'm gonna ask anyway: Should I try to run this on a 1ghz palm pre+ with 1.4.5?

My ISO library from ripping Gamestop off is a majority of the titles that should work on any emulator.

EDIT: RUNS! Gonna try loading my games and putting together a compatibility table. Tell chomper shei shei for me.

Edit2: horrible ui for the phones. He's probably aware but its almost unusable. Still gonna try as many iso's as possible.

Edit3: Is there any plan to implement compressed iso support?

Edit4: Coded arms doesn't seem to load. Nor does Armored core: Last raven. Or Star wars battlefront. Just kind of sits there. Expected it really, just mentioning for information to hopefully get it running properly on 1.4.5/Pre+
    Last edited by Shadowflank; 03/27/2013 at 01:35 AM.
    --
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    I've installed it via quickinstall on my pre 3 and it works and only scaled a bit weird. The only problem I have is getting the iso's to run well. I have tryed Patapon 3, Metal Gear Solid peacewalker and portable ops plus. They usally start ok but get stuck and sometimes crash. What games have you guys tried?
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    I've installed it via quickinstall on my pre 3 and it works and only scaled a bit weird. The only problem I have is getting the iso's to run well. I have tryed Patapon 3, Metal Gear Solid peacewalker and portable ops plus. They usally start ok but get stuck and sometimes crash. What games have you guys tried?
    do you use the webOS rotate/landscape option (top left) in settings?
    do you use the webOS rotate/landscape option (top left) in settings?
    Curious what does this affect? Just the UI or is it the cause of his crashes?
    --
  14. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.Du View Post
    I will post a thread in Chinese forum to survey that this problem is common on Pre2 or not.
    If problem is common on Pre2, then I will tell Chomper_T to fix it; else you may have to use webOSDoctor.
    Thanks Desmond.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
    Curious what does this affect? Just the UI or is it the cause of his crashes?
    "normal" orientation on touchpad is landscape, however the same app running on the phone ends up vertical, so horizontal rotate turns the app into landscape mode for phones, and portrait for touchpad.

touchpad default = horizontal (no change required)
    pre3 default = vertical orientation (needs landscape mode enabled)
    "normal" orientation on touchpad is landscape, however the same app running on the phone ends up vertical, so horizontal rotate turns the app into landscape mode for phones, and portrait for touchpad.

touchpad default = horizontal (no change required)
    pre3 default = vertical orientation (needs landscape mode enabled)
    Hmm, well I tried it on my Pre+ for the "lulz". Suprisingly it ran. See above post here for more info.

Any clue what set of options I can try to get it to load a game up? Tried disabling JIT too, as I think thats only in later webos versions(?). Dont know, I have hence forth never used anything higher than 1.4.5.

Once the touchpad gets here eventually though, I will build a massive compatibility table if I can't get it clunking along on the Pre+.
    --
    Hmm, well I tried it on my Pre+ for the "lulz". Suprisingly it ran. See above post here for more info.

Any clue what set of options I can try to get it to load a game up? Tried disabling JIT too, as I think thats only in later webos versions(?). Dont know, I have hence forth never used anything higher than 1.4.5.

Once the touchpad gets here eventually though, I will build a massive compatibility table if I can't get it clunking along on the Pre+.
    options im using on my pre3 atm is

landscape
    hardware transform
    vertex cache
    jit
    onscreen controls
    fastmem

tried on/off'ing other options with negligable difference, also tried the android varient, it thankfully has the same issues/problems/speed as the port from chomper so we dont have an inferior version or anything.
    options im using on my pre3 atm is

landscape
    hardware transform
    vertex cache
    jit
    onscreen controls
    fastmem

tried on/off'ing other options with negligable difference, also tried the android varient, it thankfully has the same issues/problems/speed as the port from chomper so we dont have an inferior version or anything.
    What ISO's have you tried loading? Maybe I can try loading one of them you've tried and see if it'll load on a Pre+

I overclocked it to 1ghz prior to doing this and switched to the performance governor

Also, Fastmem? I don't see that option anywhere..WAIT. AS I TYPE IT LOADED CODED ARMS. HOLY CRAP. AMAZING.

Edit: That was short lived, Got the buttonui and whatnot and the konami logo. Then black screen of 'All hope is lost'.
    --
    What ISO's have you tried loading? Maybe I can try loading one of them you've tried and see if it'll load on a Pre+

I overclocked it to 1ghz prior to doing this and switched to the performance governor

Also, Fastmem? I don't see that option anywhere..WAIT. AS I TYPE IT LOADED CODED ARMS. HOLY CRAP. AMAZING.
    fastmem only appears if JIT is enabled, games ive tried tho is well, allsorts i have a rather large collection, many work, a handful i have work but have nagging issues, again the same applies when i tried the same ones on android devices.

i made a quick youtube clip, linked on page 2 that shows a few running fine on my touchpad, same ones run on my pre3, id imagine as long as your device has enough ram to do its work then it will work, so im nto sure how well any phone <pre3 will operate, would need more input from pre2 and other phone users.

ive still got more games to rip tho, had to dig out my original japanese 1.x psp to rip iso's, not quite thru my whole collection yet.
    You do know the only real difference is clockspeed right?

All three pre's have the same amount of ram. Pre+, Pre2, and Pre3.

It loads Battlefront too with your configuration, but its very very slow.EDIT: less slow now that its actually running at 1ghz and not 500mhz. heh. Also, I guess fastmem is directly next to the JIT option? its cutoff because of the UI.
    Last edited by Shadowflank; 03/27/2013 at 12:37 PM.
    --
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast