03/04/2013, 09:03 PM
Well, my hype of webOS has finally paid some serious dividends. a good friend says to me today, "hey you're always talking about how great webOS is, well here", and hands me a TP in a leather case, and a new box with the TouchStand in it.
apparently someone high-up in her co. got one as a "demo" and never really used it, expecting it to be recalled eventually. That never happened, as they found it clearing out some junk. My friend chimed up and said she knew someone who'd love it. that's meeeeeee!
so, of course i came here first to tell you guys and share my good fortune, plus who else would care. but hey i'm stoked. so far, it's awesome. it's like a giant Pre. like GIANT. ha
ok so this is what i'm hoping to do. you're all welcome to tell me if this is possible or not.
1. i'd like to save a couple apps that are on it, then somehow dump their corporate profile and sign into it to my Pre2's profile. But i'm pretty sure if i just go sign in to my own profile it's going to wipe the thing clean. i want to keep this Angry Birds! haha
2. i'd like to tweak it the way TP users have found it to be optimum. I'm going to go thru that sticky here and do some of those things listed if they're simple enough.
3. i'd like to have it dual boot with Android. Can you get jellybean on a TP or just ICS? then i can play this hangman game with some friends that's not available for webOS.
4. i'd like to put a screen protector on it, and maybe something on the back so it's not so slippery. i'm not used to glossy backs anymore. Why didn't they make it matte like the phones?? weird.
5. i'd like to set it up to make free wifi calls. there must be a way but i haven't had time to investigate that yet.
i guess the first step is to link it to wosqi and put on preware and get save/restore, maybe. hmm, guess i'll be learning the difference between 3.0 and 2.2.4 real soon.
i'm so excited.