Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By laingman
  • 2 Post By thenyboy
  • 2 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    I always find it hard to buy a used touchpad when I know most people are making a profit. But this is quite a profit if you ask me: Amazon.com: HP TouchPad FB454UT 9.7 LED Tablet Computer Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2GHz 1GB 802.11a/b/g/n Bluetooth 2.1 Qualcomm Adreno 220 HP webOS 3.0 Glossy Black: Computers & Accessories I think this is a bit expensive lol.
    I think that touchpads may have a high inflation rate then gold.

$10,000 touchpad
    $375 Touchstone 2
    $450 Touchstone 4g
    $600 White Touchpad
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    that's because its a windows 7 touchpad
    Remy X likes this.
    that 1 looks amazingly suspect but yeah real touchpads will eventually get harder to quire through ebay/amazon etc, i mean why wouldnt they, even with new hardware being released the touchpad is still a decent spec, runs webOS, Android and Ubuntu, thats still pretty damned useful.

you see mention of the latest all singing all dancing quad core badboys and honestly what the heck uses all that horsepower? virtually nothing, and i can easily say that after trying lots of apps on my ipad3, that power is a colossal waste on anything but 3d games like nova3 and their ilk.

ofc there are still those deluded kids on many forums who think a faster cpu/gfx ability somehow = faster internet and other strange claims.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Loool

check this out. I found it while watching the Touchpad sales.

7in Tablet with webos

Pay attention to picture number 1.

Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Jimbode and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    Loool

check this out. I found it while watching the Touchpad sales.

7in Tablet with webos

Pay attention to picture number 1.

heh yeah, some do use the term "touchpad" as a generic name for anything with a touchscreen tho, same reason youd used to or still get many people calling any 9" touchscreen device an ipad.
    whoa it has a centrino and a hard drive

reminds me of the I Am Rich app and the price of twinkies online recently
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    the price for the touchstone 2 is somewhat defensible, as the number in existence can be counted without even using all your fingers. for that much money though it'd be nice to have some assurance that the audio function does in fact work. I've read there are some prototypes floating around that don't have functioning audio hardware.
  8.    #8  
    A lot of BB Playbooks has webOS in the description on ebay lol. I was not saying the ts 2 price was wrong, at the bottom I was just pointing out expensive webOS stuff, most of which are more rare.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    that 1 looks amazingly suspect but yeah real touchpads will eventually get harder to quire through ebay/amazon etc, i mean why wouldnt they, even with new hardware being released the touchpad is still a decent spec, runs webOS, Android and Ubuntu, thats still pretty damned useful.

you see mention of the latest all singing all dancing quad core badboys and honestly what the heck uses all that horsepower? virtually nothing, and i can easily say that after trying lots of apps on my ipad3, that power is a colossal waste on anything but 3d games like nova3 and their ilk.

ofc there are still those deluded kids on many forums who think a faster cpu/gfx ability somehow = faster internet and other strange claims.
    While many will argue that the TouchPad had decent specs it's a bit stretch of a truth, because of it's release other tablets were coming out with Nvidia Tegra 4 chips(with 4-core processors) with higher reslution displays and with 4.0 bluetooth specifications..while Stupid HP just decided to be cheap with the TouchPad Specs just a little. And even thought, many think it's irrelevant when it comes to talking processors...somehow it makes a difference in performance when closing and opening applications and when trying to multitask too.

While email browsing and such like internet, might have nothing to do with processing power. We wonder if, Palm's TouchPad tablet could have had a quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM, I'm sure would it be beast and no-one would be complaining of it's slow performance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway to the topic at hand, instead of seeing a TouchPad with a Windows 7(which was never intended to run on a tablet) will like to see a version of Windows 8, on the Palm TouchPad that would be awesome.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    While many will argue that the TouchPad had decent specs it's a bit stretch of a truth, because of it's release other tablets were coming out with Nvidia Tegra 4 chips(with 4-core processors) with higher reslution displays and with 4.0 bluetooth specifications..while Stupid HP just decided to be cheap with the TouchPad Specs just a little. And even thought, many think it's irrelevant when it comes to talking processors...somehow it makes a difference in performance when closing and opening applications and when trying to multitask too.

While email browsing and such like internet, might have nothing to do with processing power. We wonder if, Palm's TouchPad tablet could have had a quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM, I'm sure would it be beast and no-one would be complaining of it's slow performance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway to the topic at hand, instead of seeing a TouchPad with a Windows 7(which was never intended to run on a tablet) will like to see a version of Windows 8, on the Palm TouchPad that would be awesome.
    so in the first paragraph of your post you slate the Touchpad's hardware specs, whilst within the same post you say you'd love the touchpad to run windows 8? Seriously dude, there's this new place all the kids are going called reality, you should try it sometime!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    So we would be more receptive to a Windows device under the Palm brand? I thought this was webOS Nation?
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    once you hit a comfortably zone speed wise all of the above is a non issue, android is plenty comfy on my cheap as chips allwinner 7" a10 tablet and 8" a13 tablet, i have mostly the same apps on those 2 as i do my ipad3 and ofc the same on 1 of my touchpads in cm10.

speed is definatly no major big deal processor wise, ive got 6 tablets now (3 being touchpads) and can easily say the processor or even gfx speeds make minimal differences at best on day to day normal apps which every brand/make/model all share.

id like to know which apps in question are supposedly leaps and bounds better (and i mean noticably not marginaly) with quad core monster spec tablets when compared to the touchpad or even the lowend allwinner a10/a13 stuff, bets on most of the apps listed will be 3d games.

i cant think of a single app the touchpad can run in cm10/android, that is noticably worse off if compared to the same app running on an ipad3 or generic-android-tablet, the fact my allwinner 7" 56 bag of nails can run pretty much everything says a lot about tablets in general and what we run on them.

so yeah i can comfortably say the touchpad even now this far on is good enough and still lets us do more than all the others out there.
    Hi, all...

WRT the original post in this thread, I've dealt with the Amazon seller before, and upon seeing this, sent a note that there appears to be something amiss with the listing. It should be offline at this point, or will be shortly, with the seller's apologies for the mistake.

Cheers

Lewis