Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree16Likes
    Herrie and I talked about Navigon recently. I have 1.0.5 and get the error too. He looked into it and discovered the link Navigon tries to connect to to get the files gets a 404 error. Unless we can find the correct link and patch it, I'm afraid Navigon is useless.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Indeed the URLs give 404 errors. I suspect there might be some config stored in /media/internal/.navigon that would indicate if maps are present on the device or not. It could also be stored in a db but couldn't check and verify this quickly (due to it being a hybrid app). I SUSPECT we might be able to use Android or other OS maps (not too difficult to find), just we would need to copy the settings from a working device and need to know the folder structure of the maps and the filenames. Going by the code these are in /media/internal/.navigon too.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Herrie and I talked about Navigon recently. I have 1.0.5 and get the error too. He looked into it and discovered the link Navigon tries to connect to to get the files gets a 404 error. Unless we can find the correct link and patch it, I'm afraid Navigon is useless.

Both Gwidion and thg are talking about downloading data, so it seems it works for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Afterward you can decide between several maps. For example Germany ;-) :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    But there is one thing, that seems to be quite cool: I have "Navigon for webOS" on my Go :-D

Right now he is downloading 1,5GB of data, so later I'll see what can be done with this :-)
    Maybe they could look in to this? Maybe they have Navigon 1.0.6 on their devices.
    I have Navigon 1.0.5 installed on 2 Go devices.
    One is registered on development server (ps.qa.palm.com) and another is on production server (ps.palmws.com).

It seems, that when searching App catalog on the one registered on development server Navigon is found by search, Navigon for WebOS version 1.0.6 updated august 3, 2011, size 30.6 MB, free download, but download fails, probably the file is not there anymore or link has changed
    it also find Navigon MobileNavigator Development version 0.0.3, september 15, 2011, size 24,9 MB, for 20 USD Test In-App MobileNavigator Development Application build 297843

On the other one registered on production server, Navigon can not be found

If the downloading issue is only related to latest version 1.0.6, than there is one option to use Ipk Packager and create ipk from Navigon 1.0.6 already installed on working device which reside on media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilenavigator or by using this patch [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog and redownloading 1.0.6 update
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    In short: game over, resources are not any longer available :-(
    In short: game over, resources are not any longer available :-(
    Here is email from NAVIGON Support team from 17.02.2014
    Thank you for your email.
    Our app is available on Android, iOS and Windows Phone and it is not available for WebOS.
    Could you please clarify where did you find NAVIGON for WebOS?
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.

after my explanation I got this answer today:
    Here is email from NAVIGON Support team from 18.02.2014
    Thank you for your email.
    We sincerely apologise but it is no longer possible to update the maps or the software for the WebOS NAVIGON.
    We do not have the maps and we do not have the old update links anymore.
    They have been discontinued and removed.
    We apologise for the inconvenience.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.

Gwidion did you or anybody else downloaded the full map for Europe / USA to TouchPad Go, as I can see this is the only solution now to get the files?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    There is no full map of Europe (only France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK). Unfortunately I haven't got the map of North America :'(
    There is no full map of Europe (only France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK). Unfortunately I haven't got the map of North America :'(
    Can you somehow ZIP the content of /media/internal/.navigon (how many MB are those maps?) and media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilenavigator so I can check if the map files are simillar as the ones for Android and iOS?
    I have Navigon for Android with Europe maps https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...out_eu40&hl=sl
    I would like to compare the maps and directory structures of WebOS ones and Android ones if I can find a way to install it to WebOS.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Perhaps you should check your PM
    It's a longshot but I wrote Adam Doud from Pocketnow to see if he still has his Go and the maps...might be able to at least get an archive! HP TouchPad Go Review: The webOS what-if | Pocketnow Or maybe John Steffes has them afterall...John?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Alan, did you get anything back from Doud yet? It would be pretty neat to have Navigon support on my Go.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Nope...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Nope...
    Darn.
    I have a TP Go...what do you need?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by allen832008 View Post
    I have a TP Go...what do you need?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    He is probably referring to the latest version of Navigon and North America maps for it as now we are unable to download neither update neither maps any more.
    Any news about the Navigon maps?
    @boovish, did you ever link your article/writeup on engadget regarding the touchpad go for other go users (not that theres many) to add their opinion?

i still read that article/writeup and occasionally weep myself to sleep

2 articles that make me want to smash all things HP, yours being the last link.

The HP TouchPad Go – the tablet that never was. | Pocketnow
    HP TouchPad Go review - Engadget
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Hi,

I recently got an HP touchpad GO 3G version, and it appears to be running android?

I can't get it to go into "Doctor" mode.

I want to know if there's a way to get WebOS back onto it using a doctor that I have? I can get it to go into fastboot mode, but that's it for recovery.

Any ideas of help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    @boovish, did you ever link your article/writeup on engadget regarding the touchpad go for other go users (not that theres many) to add their opinion?

i still read that article/writeup and occasionally weep myself to sleep

2 articles that make me want to smash all things HP, yours being the last link.

The HP TouchPad Go – the tablet that never was. | Pocketnow
    HP TouchPad Go review - Engadget
    You know, I think I meant to, but I forgot lol. I'll post it now
    Merry Christmas Webos Family!

I received a go yesterday and I want to get touch to share working. Any ideas? thanks
    eblade likes this.
    I think the Super-Meta-Doctor enables TTS but it breaks the free orientation function. You can search for that and use it. Does some other nice mods too.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345