Like Tree16Likes
  1. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi John,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Google is your friend...
    If not you can always add the uImage to the JAR file (just a fancy ZIP file), there are many threads on this forum on how to do it.
    yes I found it and it seems to be quite easy.

Unfortunately I can not find the "nova-installer-image-opal.uImage" anywhere.

I expected it in the webOS-Doctors I have for the Go, but there I only can find ones for castle, pixie and topaz.

Any hint?
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Hi John,

I expected it in the webOS-Doctors I have for the Go, but there I only can find ones for castle, pixie and topaz.

Any hint?
    Sure if you look under the webOS doctor of your choice (treat it like a ZIP file)...

For Instance grabbed the webOS doctor for the Pre2 expand the image in your choice of ZIP...

Under the directory of resources there is a webos.tar file...

Expand the webos.tar file under that there is a nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uimage file...

Grab this file and import that into the devicetool.jar location specified in the link I posted now you will be able to use devicetool.jar on the Pre2 which was only used for the Pre/PrePlus/Pixi/PixiPlus...

Now use the webOS doctor you have for the device you want to use the devicetool.jar and find the uimage you seek.
  3. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Sure if you look under the webOS doctor of your choice (treat it like a ZIP file)...
    yes, I "think" so, because both of the doctors I unzipped, I had installed to my Go before.

So I'm "quite" sure, that these are the correct ones.

I just copied the zip-output into an editor and searched for "uimage", this it what I found:

/devicetool/com/palm/webos/devicetool/images/nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    /devicetool/com/palm/webos/devicetool/images/nova-installer-image-pixie.uImage
    /devicetool/com/palm/webos/devicetool/images/nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage

In addition un untared the "nova-cust-image-opal.rootfs.tar.gz" I have, but everything I found there, was this:

/boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-shortloin

The current status is, that I installed the 3.0.4 and that I created a new profile what was possible too. I think that this is a dev-profile, so I don't have access to the normal AppCatalog (what is not a problem for me), but now I only have the choice between English and Spanish as language. The 3.0.5 doctor also gave me the other European languages.

But there is one thing, that seems to be quite cool: I have "Navigon for webOS" on my Go :-D

Right now he is downloading 1,5GB of data, so later I'll see what can be done with this :-)
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Right now he is downloading 1,5GB of data, so later I'll see what can be done with this :-)
    Afterward you can decide between several maps. For example Germany ;-) :-D
    thg,

- nova-installer-image-opal.uImage is definately found in the doctors.
    - open the opal doctor of your choice jar file as a zip file (same file is in both the stock 3.0.4 and the meta'd 3.0.5 doctors - no difference)
    - find the directory "resources"
    - find the file "webos.tar"
    - untar that file and you will find "nova-installer-image-opal.uImage"
    - Place that file into the directory of devicetool where you found the other uImage files.

TTB

Hi John,

Any hint?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  6. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Afterward you can decide between several maps. For example Germany ;-) :-D
    yes, and it even seems to work.

Not the fastest app, no 3D-view, no different profiles, but for a "free" app it looks really nice :-)

It is really a shame, that the never finished this :-(

PS: But even with 3.0.4 the camera-app does not work, but still no problem ...
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    One last thought: you've described problems with activation /login into a profil: if your TPgo is a GSM variant, you should repeat profile login via GSM. Both of my GSM TouchPad (4G and TPgo 3G) can't handle the profile login via Wifi. With 3G it works like charm. (dunno why)
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    F... I have to revise My advice. It is not a problem of mobile connection. Looks like I have to do the same steps as thg.
    @TTP: ACL definitely does not run with 3.0.4 :-(
  9. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi,

while I was able to create a new (devel?) profile after installing the EN/ES 3.0.4 doctor on my Go, this was not possible with the "international" 3.0.5 doctor.

So I had to bypass the activation with the devicetool.jar, I had to modify to make it compatible with the Go (opal).

Now I'm installing the most important fixes, then I'll try ACL on the Go again ...
  10. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Just for info:

My Go is running is with 3.0.5 as it should (camera still not working), including ACL and thus now I have the possibility to doctor the Go if "some thing" happens.

I was quite uncertainly about this since I had my Go ...
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  11. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi,

My Go is running is with 3.0.5 as it should (camera still not working), including ACL ...
    while the Go works quite good at the moment, I now have the problem with a huge battery drain, even when in flight mode.

Any idea how to solve this?

PS: The "Super"-script is not yet installed, because I have no need for the camera, does it fix s.th. else?

Thanks a lot,

thg
    Hi,

while the Go works quite good at the moment, I now have the problem with a huge battery drain, even when in flight mode.

Any idea how to solve this?

PS: The "Super"-script is not yet installed, because I have no need for the camera, does it fix s.th. else?

Thanks a lot,

thg
    Although, the Touchpad Go's I have access to do not have a battery drain, I have heard others having issues with battery drain...

Sometimes Airplane mode works, I have heard others disabled the Modem in the Go by removing the module and that worked (meaning the PCI Express card was taking more power even in airplane mode)...

Even though the modem is disabled via Airplane mode does not mean the modem is turned off, just disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    My GO has a sierra MC770 in it.
    It could likely be the modem not powering off.
    I've done some further troubleshooting and discovered if I put the device into Airplane mode before powering it off, the problem goes away, ie; normal shutdown completes and when powering back up, no need to do a pwr/ctr button reset - normal power button press works and the amt of charge remaining on the battery is the same as it was when the device was turned off.
    TTB
    This would require testing to narrow down what is causing the Battery drain...

The Super script takes the modules/framework from the Released Doctor for the Touchpad and brings the Touchpad Go to the released versions of webOS 3.0.5. (this may or may not fix battery issues).
    MartinH@webos and Rnp like this.
    I got one HP TP Go (3G version) one month ago.
    It's 3.0.4 with Simple Chinese version.
    My HP App Catalog cannot open.
    And most HP built app are disappeared, ex: Facebook, Map Youtube and so on.
    I don't want to reflash my TP Go,
    Could you please provide FB, Map and Youtube to me?

I found the guide here:
    webOSbuzz.com - [How-To] Grab And Create An IPK File From Your WebOS Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by evanpan View Post
    I got one HP TP Go (3G version) one month ago.
    It's 3.0.4 with Simple Chinese version.
    My HP App Catalog cannot open.
    And most HP built app are disappeared, ex: Facebook, Map Youtube and so on.
    I don't want to reflash my TP Go,
    Could you please provide FB, Map and Youtube to me?

I found the guide here:
    webOSbuzz.com - [How-To] Grab And Create An IPK File From Your WebOS Phone
    I think those IPK files are inside the webos doctor for Touchpads- u just need to find them and transfer them into the device. Then use the preware to install them.

http://www.webosnation.com/install-w...se-promo-codes

this same link process should also work for the TP go.
  15. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi all,

after the need of doctoring my Go, I'm not that happy with it anymore, because it drains the battery too fast.

in the past, the Go "lived" more than a week, without using it, now it turns off after a maximum of two days :-(

This happens with 3.0.4 and 3.0.5, independent of the airplane mode.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks a lot,

regards,

thg
    Hi all,

after the need of doctoring my Go, I'm not that happy with it anymore, because it drains the battery too fast.

in the past, the Go "lived" more than a week, without using it, now it turns off after a maximum of two days :-(

This happens with 3.0.4 and 3.0.5, independent of the airplane mode.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks a lot,

regards,

thg
    This was discussed a while before, when the some Go's shuts down, they do not power down the modem correctly (could be the different modem brands swapped vs the original designed modem), so the battery will be drained during a power off, however, when the Touchpad Go is put in Airplane mode and then shutdown the battery power is retained.

I have heard from several users of the Go, that the webOS 3.0.5 (Supered, or Original) or 3.0.4 all have about the same Battery drain during use, however you are reporting that they drain differently? or are you comparing to a previous webOS version 3.0.?

I have access to two Go's (although one is a ROW and one is an AT&T) at the moment both at webOS 3.0.5 (Supered) and both drain about the same (although they are using the exact same battery as I only have one battery to swap between each).

I would be interested in seeing your messages log to see if the powerd is reporting anything (send me a PM) with a link or you can post it in this forum (but make sure you remove your private info from the LOG).
  17. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    This was discussed a while before, when the some Go's shuts down, they do not power down the modem correctly (could be the different modem brands swapped vs the original designed modem), so the battery will be drained during a power off, however, when the Touchpad Go is put in Airplane mode and then shutdown the battery power is retained.
    I have seen that, but no solution.

I have heard from several users of the Go, that the webOS 3.0.5 (Supered, or Original) or 3.0.4 all have about the same Battery drain during use, however you are reporting that they drain differently? or are you comparing to a previous webOS version 3.0.?
    Yes, it was the 3.0.5 US it came installed with.

I don't know if this helps at all, but I made a backup TGZ via novaterm after I got my Go. Maybe there is s.th. in there that can be used to solve the issue.

I would be interested in seeing your messages log to see if the powerd is reporting anything (send me a PM) with a link or you can post it in this forum (but make sure you remove your private info from the LOG).
    Probably it does not tell to much, because I installed some of the patches that reduce the logging etc.

But anyway I'll do so, but this week I have to buy the drinks and do other preparations for my Enyo developer workshop this weekend :-)
  18. eqr
    I have seen that, but no solution.

Yes, it was the 3.0.5 US it came installed with.

I don't know if this helps at all, but I made a backup TGZ via novaterm after I got my Go. Maybe there is s.th. in there that can be used to solve the issue.

Probably it does not tell to much, because I installed some of the patches that reduce the logging etc.

But anyway I'll do so, but this week I have to buy the drinks and do other preparations for my Enyo developer workshop this weekend :-)
    The first three GO's I obtained came to me with 3.0.0. The new one that I just received (from the same source) came with 3.0.3. It has, by far the best battery life (on stand-by) of the bunch. I haven't charged it in well over a week and just checked to see that it's at 48%. It hasn't had a lot of use, but certainly hasn't been idle.
  19. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eqr View Post
    I haven't charged it in well over a week and just checked to see that it's at 48%. It hasn't had a lot of use, but certainly hasn't been idle.
    this was common for my Go too, until I had to doctor it, because ACL "killed" it. But it already came with 3.0.5.
    yes, I "think" so, because both of the doctors I unzipped, I had installed to my Go before.

So I'm "quite" sure, that these are the correct ones.

I just copied the zip-output into an editor and searched for "uimage", this it what I found:

/devicetool/com/palm/webos/devicetool/images/nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    /devicetool/com/palm/webos/devicetool/images/nova-installer-image-pixie.uImage
    /devicetool/com/palm/webos/devicetool/images/nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage

In addition un untared the "nova-cust-image-opal.rootfs.tar.gz" I have, but everything I found there, was this:

/boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-shortloin

The current status is, that I installed the 3.0.4 and that I created a new profile what was possible too. I think that this is a dev-profile, so I don't have access to the normal AppCatalog (what is not a problem for me), but now I only have the choice between English and Spanish as language. The 3.0.5 doctor also gave me the other European languages.

But there is one thing, that seems to be quite cool: I have "Navigon for webOS" on my Go :-D

Did you updated your Navigon to 1.0.6 from App catalog and than downloaded the maps?
    I am trying to get the maps but what I get is error.
    When I am asked to Select the map region Europe / North America (I select Europe) and presented with Download "MobileNavigator" needs additional data. These files can be downloaded using an Internet connection via WLAN. Start the download now ? And when I press Download I got error
    An error has occured during the download. - Tab or 'retry' to start downloading any files which are stil missing. - Tap on 'Cancel' to close NAVIGON MobileNavigator now.
    It is a few months ago when you and Gwidion were able to download maps. Can you explain if you did anything differently?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast