Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    My 3.0.4 doctor has a perfectly working camera app without any crashes or freeze ups. John's super doctor script which is like a Vulcan mind meld merge with the broken camera 3.0.5 doctor hasn't offered up any crashes or freezing of my device and a perfectly working camera app, so far at least.

Wish you hadn't dangled that 3.0.6 teaser out there. I'm starting to drool at the thought of seeing a memboot of your device being used to make a new meta ....

Actually with the effort involved moving up to a stable 3.0.5 so fresh for me, I'll prolly hold off awhile on clamoring for the next bumpgrade. Eventually I'll come knocking for that backup I'm sure ...

How is 3.0.6 anyways? I'll be curious to hear how the ACL runs on it, That's if if it will even install onto a 3.0.6 TP device??? That's a much bigger question mark than whether it will install and run on a 3.0.5 GO

TTB
    To be honest: as far as I can see there is no big difference to 3.0.5
    I'm thinking about a memboot since I've got it, but I wasn't able to do it until now cause of a lack of time and knowledge
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I'm thinking about a memboot since I've got it, but I wasn't able to do it until now cause of a lack of time and knowledge
    I would love to get a PM of a location of the backup source, I will then produce a script to build a webOS 3.0.6 doctor...

The differences I have been told were to LunaWebKit, but without it I can not tell you exact...
    From what I understood from someone inside webOS team is that 3.0.6 only addressed and issue on the Go which has also been sorted by LunaCE with 3.0.5.

I'm happy to help with memboot backup! It's not that hard, can give assistance via Skype or using some remote desktop tool
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    From what I understood from someone inside webOS team is that 3.0.6 only addressed and issue on the Go which has also been sorted by LunaCE with 3.0.5.

I'm happy to help with memboot backup! It's not that hard, can give assistance via Skype or using some remote desktop tool
    Where do you live? I asked for the time zone :-D
    That could be a solution, especially we communicate before via Mail to clarify the preparation :-)
    Where do you live? I asked for the time zone :-D
    That could be a solution, especially we communicate before via Mail to clarify the preparation :-)
    Netherlands, so CET timezone
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Netherlands, so CET timezone
    Perfect, I'm at Germany.
    Cheers neighbor :-)
    Perhaps we should speak further details via PM
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    My 3.0.4 doctor has a perfectly working camera app without any crashes or freeze ups. John's super doctor script which is like a Vulcan mind meld merge with the broken camera 3.0.5 doctor hasn't offered up any crashes or freezing of my device and a perfectly working camera app, so far at least.

Wish you hadn't dangled that 3.0.6 teaser out there. I'm starting to drool at the thought of seeing a memboot of your device being used to make a new meta ....

Actually with the effort involved moving up to a stable 3.0.5 so fresh for me, I'll prolly hold off awhile on clamoring for the next bumpgrade. Eventually I'll come knocking for that backup I'm sure ...

How is 3.0.6 anyways? I'll be curious to hear how the ACL runs on it, That's if if it will even install onto a 3.0.6 TP device??? That's a much bigger question mark than whether it will install and run on a 3.0.5 GO

TTB
    why didnt u answer me in pm??(
  8. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Dusting off this thread with a bump - TP GO's should prolly be upgraded to 3.0.5 before ACL installation.
    just one short question:

The link for the JAR you get on herries blog, is this a valid doctor for the Go that includes John's super doctor script? Or do I have to go through the whole procedure you described?

I already have 3.0.5 on my Go, but it came installed with it and the camera app never worked.

Thanks a lot,
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    just one short question:

The link for the JAR you get on herries blog, is this a valid doctor for the Go that includes John's super doctor script? Or do I have to go through the whole procedure you described?

I already have 3.0.5 on my Go, but it came installed with it and the camera app never worked.

Thanks a lot,
    The link you refer to is for the 3.0.5 doctor with broken camera app. You either make that doctor using your 3.0.4 opal doctor assuming you have one and the first script in this thread or you get it elsewhere (however that may be, not mentioning anyone's specific site for d/l here, we don't want it to go away).

Once you have a 3.0.5 GO doctor with a broken camera app in hand, then you use it and the super doctor script later on in this thread to make a 3.0.5 doctor for the GO that has a working camera app along with some nice other goodies too.

I'm afraid John may be the only one capable of combining the two processes into one. He's already given us quite a lot of his time and expertise by creating the two processes I speak of.

Run separately, they are functional and the end result is a good 3.0.5 doctor for the GO. It's not too much to ask each of us to invest the time and energy necessary to bring our own devices up to 3.0,5 considering how much he has already done to get the tools to do it into our hands.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Ok, I'm sure this bug may be noted earlier, but don't want to edit prior post rn

The super doc isn't without flaws on my device. anymore.

Evidence of battery drain when powered down properly. Next time I try to power it on it requires a pwr center button reset to turn on and boot.

Something isn't shutting down with the rest of the device and remains powered up, difficult to say but the battery is lower after being let sit for a day and repowered up without being charged.

Good thing is very low power drain when powered on in use, Bluetooth on, wifi on, running video, this Opal seems much more frugal on power then ever before. Better than the topaz too.

Just MHO on that last point but thats the way it seems without testing and documenting any numbers or percentages.

Leaving the device powered on and docking it when not in use. it runs as close to flawlessly awesome as any webOS device can I guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Ok, I'm sure this bug may be noted earlier, but don't want to edit prior post rn

The super doc isn't without flaws on my device. anymore.

Evidence of battery drain when powered down properly. Next time I try to power it on it requires a pwr center button reset to turn on and boot.

Something isn't shutting down with the rest of the device and remains powered up, difficult to say but the battery is lower after being let sit for a day and repowered up without being charged.

Good thing is very low power drain when powered on in use, Bluetooth on, wifi on, running video, this Opal seems much more frugal on power then ever before. Better than the topaz too.

Just MHO on that last point but thats the way it seems without testing and documenting any numbers or percentages.

Leaving the device powered on and docking it when not in use. it runs as close to flawlessly awesome as any webOS device can I guess.

TTB, copy your messages* files and put them in a zip and PM me a location to grab them...

I have several users using a super script and I have not been able to re-produce the battery drain issues, even have a newer super-super script (PM if you want a location to grab it not for public display)... I have access to several users opals and only one user (EQR) has reported an battery drain, now I have two users would like logs if possible to see what is not powering off...

One thought was the modem might still be on, that is why I want to look at the logs?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    TTB, copy your messages* files and put them in a zip and PM me a location to grab them...

I have several users using a super script and I have not been able to re-produce the battery drain issues, even have a newer super-super script (PM if you want a location to grab it not for public display)... I have access to several users opals and only one user (EQR) has reported an battery drain, now I have two users would like logs if possible to see what is not powering off...

One thought was the modem might still be on, that is why I want to look at the logs?
    My GO has a sierra MC770 in it.
    It could likely be the modem not powering off.
    I've done some further troubleshooting and discovered if I put the device into Airplane mode before powering it off, the problem goes away, ie; normal shutdown completes and when powering back up, no need to do a pwr/ctr button reset - normal power button press works and the amt of charge remaining on the battery is the same as it was when the device was turned off.
    TTB
    My GO has a sierra MC770 in it.
    It could likely be the modem not powering off.
    I've done some further troubleshooting and discovered if I put the device into Airplane mode before powering it off, the problem goes away, ie; normal shutdown completes and when powering back up, no need to do a pwr/ctr button reset - normal power button press works and the amt of charge remaining on the battery is the same as it was when the device was turned off.
    TTB
    Ok, so my theory of the modem still being powered on might be the issue...
    Sorry did not notice my PM was full, I corrected that, if you need to PM go ahead.
  14. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    The link you refer to is for the 3.0.5 doctor with broken camera app. You either make that doctor using your 3.0.4 opal doctor assuming you have one and the first script in this thread or you get it elsewhere (however that may be, not mentioning anyone's specific site for d/l here, we don't want it to go away).
    OK, after "killing" my TP Go with ACL, I had to doctor it for the first time since I have it :-(

The first try failed with the error "unable to reset device", but the second seems to be successful, at least the USB-symbol changed to the "chip with arrow down" and I have some progress on the computer.

Once you have a 3.0.5 GO doctor with a broken camera app in hand, then you use it and the super doctor script later on in this thread to make a 3.0.5 doctor for the GO that has a working camera app along with some nice other goodies too.
    It seems that this can/should be done on Linux, so I put the super-script and the above jar in one directory, corrected the script-rights and started with "# ./super-att-opal-3.0.5".

But I only get "Run the script from the meta-doctor directory, not the scripts directory".

I haven't build the jar with the metadoctor, so what are the steps to get it updated?

Thanks a lot,

thg
    OK, after "killing" my TP Go with ACL, I had to doctor it for the first time since I have it :-(

The first try failed with the error "unable to reset device", but the second seems to be successful, at least the USB-symbol changed to the "chip with arrow down" and I have some progress on the computer.

It seems that this can/should be done on Linux, so I put the super-script and the above jar in one directory, corrected the script-rights and started with "# ./super-att-opal-3.0.5".

But I only get "Run the script from the meta-doctor directory, not the scripts directory".

I haven't build the jar with the metadoctor, so what are the steps to get it updated?

Thanks a lot,

thg
    THG:

I suggest you put the 3.0.4 doctor for the GO on your device for testing the ACL now.

3.0.5 was meta'd from multiple doctors.

TTB
  16. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    finally, after an "endless" wait, the TP Go comes up again and I even was able to select a different language than english or spanish :-)

But now he wants me to log on with my profile or to create a new one.

Hey, this device never had any profile, so what should I do now (well or tomorrow, it's quite late now ;-) )?

Do I have to build a new 3.0.5 doctor with "bypass activation" or should I just try to log on with the profile of my other TP-64 or should I create a new one ?

Thanks,

thg
    finally, after an "endless" wait, the TP Go comes up again and I even was able to select a different language than english or spanish :-)

But now he wants me to log on with my profile or to create a new one.

Hey, this device never had any profile, so what should I do now (well or tomorrow, it's quite late now ;-) )?

Do I have to build a new 3.0.5 doctor with "bypass activation" or should I just try to log on with the profile of my other TP-64 or should I create a new one ?

Thanks,

thg
    Use chekz-devicetool (the one with the shortloin kernel added).

REALLY REALLY REALLY suggest you use the 3.0.4 doctor for the GO to test the ACL now that you've discovered ACL won't run on the 3.0.5 doctored GO.
  18. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi TopTongueBarry,

I have no clue what you mean with this, but I will look for it.

REALLY REALLY REALLY suggest you use the 3.0.4 doctor for the GO to test the ACL now that you've discovered ACL won't run on the 3.0.5 doctored GO.
    I was really happy with 3.0.5 on my TP Go, it was 100% stable and everything, expect the camera I never needed, worked like a charm. In addition I had the same patches as on my TP-64.

So after I was able to doctor the TP Go successful with 3.0.5, I will try to install ACL again. If this fails I'll have a look at 3.0.4. Does 3.0.4 support other languages besides english and spanish too?

What I have is this:

webosdoctoropal3gatt-3.0.4.jar, 314848289 bytes, MD5 4219ce60507741417e31ef8df25fef32

Is this the correct one?

Thanks a lot,

thg
  19. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    OK, I am not able to login with my existing profile, but that was expected, so I tried to use the devicetool.jar on my Go (still 3.0.5), following these instructions:

HP TouchPad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation

But unfortunately I get an error:

Code:
    java -jar devicetool.jar
    Found device: opal-bootie
    Error: missing resource images/nova-installer-image-opal.uImage
    Any idea?

I think this one is the same: https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html
    OK, I am not able to login with my existing profile, but that was expected, so I tried to use the devicetool.jar on my Go (still 3.0.5), following these instructions:

HP TouchPad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation

But unfortunately I get an error:

Code:
    java -jar devicetool.jar
    Found device: opal-bootie
    Error: missing resource images/nova-installer-image-opal.uImage
    Any idea?

I think this one is the same: https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html
    Google is your friend...

If not you can always add the uImage to the JAR file (just a fancy ZIP file), there are many threads on this forum on how to do it.

DeviceTool.Jar...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 10/18/2013 at 06:49 AM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast