Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Working on a updated Super Script, still debugging but some updates...

Touch to Share (Tap to Share) now works...
    Luna-webkit brought to released version....
    QT4 updated (debugging files removed)...
    Updated BlueTooth stack (for Touch to Share)...
    and many many more...

Still debugging, just want to let others know the progress...

Posted script...

Please try and if there are issues please report...
    John and Rod,
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR FINE WORK! Our community lives on!

John,
    I'd give you a Touchpad GO for free to continue this work if I had another spare working one available right now.

I've donated one GO for CM9/10 development use that will eventually lead to a working dual boot CM9/10 for shortloin (Opal/GO). I procured another one I was planning to donate to another CM9/10 developer in order to hurry that project along, Unfortunately the device arrived from Taiwan with a flaky touch panel and the seller suddenly vanished after I informed him of the flaw. Finding TP GO parts is even harder than finding TP GO's!

If you don't have a TP GO by the time I get the one with the flaky touch panel fixed and into the hands of CM9/10 developers, I will begin searching for one to give you.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    John and Rod,
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR FINE WORK! Our community lives on!

John,
    I'd give you a Touchpad GO for free to continue this work if I had another spare working one available right now.

I've donated one GO for CM9/10 development use that will eventually lead to a working dual boot CM9/10 for shortloin (Opal/GO). I procured another one I was planning to donate to another CM9/10 developer in order to hurry that project along, Unfortunately the device arrived from Taiwan with a flaky touch panel and the seller suddenly vanished after I informed him of the flaw. Finding TP GO parts is even harder than finding TP GO's!

If you don't have a TP GO by the time I get the one with the flaky touch panel fixed and into the hands of CM9/10 developers, I will begin searching for one to give you.

TTB
    I can fix the TouchPanel, fixed a Touchpad, Touchpad Go, Pre3, and Veer TouchPanels so far using a MiniProg3 PSoC programmer...

PM and we can talk further....
    Working on a updated Super Script, still debugging but some updates...

Touch to Share (Tap to Share) now works...
    Luna-webkit brought to released version....
    QT4 updated (debugging files removed)...
    Updated BlueTooth stack (for Touch to Share)...
    and many many more...

Still debugging, just want to let others know the progress...

Posted script...

Please try and if there are issues please report...
    Hey John,

I finally got enough time to try this tonight. Great work! You never fail to impress.

I was able to successfully install the latest version (4.9.10) of LunaCE. It's so nice to be able to enjoy those improvements on my Go.

Anyways, everything seems to be working great so far with only a couple small exceptions:
    • On stock Luna the "advanced" swipe up gesture doesn't seem to be working (but works with LunaCE installed)
    • Camera is working great and not having any issues with crashing on switching front/back. Thank you!!
    • On LunaCE the screen rotation seems reversed. Holding the device in landscape mode puts it in portrait and vice-vera. I simply locked it in landscape mode which is how I (almost-always) use the device so it's not a big deal.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by cbosdell; 04/02/2013 at 12:42 AM.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Yes, the go screen is logically rotated 90 degrees from the regular

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yes, the go screen is logically rotated 90 degrees from the regular

I guess that could be quite easily addressed by modifying a bit of the LunaCE code so it will do a check for the Opal and adjust the rotation accordingly?
    cbosdell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Hey John,

I finally got enough time to try this tonight. Great work! You never fail to impress.

I was able to successfully install the latest version (4.9.10) of LunaCE. It's so nice to be able to enjoy those improvements on my Go.

Anyways, everything seems to be working great so far with only a couple small exceptions:
    • On stock Luna the "advanced" swipe up gesture doesn't seem to be working (but works with LunaCE installed)
    • Camera is working great and not having any issues with crashing on switching front/back. Thank you!!
    • On LunaCE the screen rotation seems reversed. Holding the device in landscape mode puts it in portrait and vice-vera. I simply locked it in landscape mode which is how I (almost-always) use the device so it's not a big deal.

Thanks again!
    What I can fix, I will fix, what I can't I will explain why...
    Stock Luna from HP/Palm is rotated correctly, but the advanced swipe does not work, although one can build a updated LunaSysMgr (or steal the TouchPad 4G/WiFi version), until the logic is fixed it will either be broken with rotation or Advanced Gesture will not work. So the Super Script will leave the Stock Opal LunaSysMgr.

Glad to hear the Camera fix is working...

The code for Opal detection is in the WOCE source (even in Open webOS LunaSysMgr source), but it is not working or not compiled in during the webOSPorts build phase? Will look into that code...

I also have another build that I was using to test, it takes the rootfs from the Touchpad 4G and swaps it with the Opal... swaps the kernel back, but then you have a full Touchpad Release build on the Opal, many things did not work (Camera only saw the back did not know it also had front, and it's image was reversed (upside down))... So I can only take so much from the Touchpad builds without loosing functionality...

Now looking into the media updates...

Let me know if there are anything else that is broken with the existing Super Build... I am still working on this...

To bad HP/Palm did not release the Opal it would have been a really nice device...

Still looking for results of Touch to Share...
    PM you two tar files of Opal latest rom. leak out from HP......
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I guess that could be quite easily addressed by modifying a bit of the LunaCE code so it will do a check for the Opal and adjust the rotation accordingly?
    It looks like all the correct code is in there, just need to enable it with the right MACHINE setting.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    What I can fix, I will fix, what I can't I will explain why...
    Stock Luna from HP/Palm is rotated correctly, but the advanced swipe does not work, although one can build a updated LunaSysMgr (or steal the TouchPad 4G/WiFi version), until the logic is fixed it will either be broken with rotation or Advanced Gesture will not work. So the Super Script will leave the Stock Opal LunaSysMgr.

Glad to hear the Camera fix is working...

The code for Opal detection is in the WOCE source (even in Open webOS LunaSysMgr source), but it is not working or not compiled in during the webOSPorts build phase? Will look into that code...

I also have another build that I was using to test, it takes the rootfs from the Touchpad 4G and swaps it with the Opal... swaps the kernel back, but then you have a full Touchpad Release build on the Opal, many things did not work (Camera only saw the back did not know it also had front, and it's image was reversed (upside down))... So I can only take so much from the Touchpad builds without loosing functionality...

Now looking into the media updates...

Let me know if there are anything else that is broken with the existing Super Build... I am still working on this...

To bad HP/Palm did not release the Opal it would have been a really nice device...

Still looking for results of Touch to Share...
    Touch to Share works fine although I've never had any issues with it on my device. I haven't noticed anything else broken so far. Personally the advanced gesture not working isn't a big deal to me since it works fine with LunaCE and I have no plans on running the LunaSysMgr if LunaCE is an option.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It looks like all the correct code is in there, just need to enable it with the right MACHINE setting.
    According to the Luna-Prefs, the MachineName is opal, where do we set the right MACHINE name? on the device, or in WOCE/LUNACE?
    It would have to be set somewhere in the build process. I'd probably grep the build system for topaz, to try to figure out where it was set. I know I had a helluva time trying to configure it for manta when I was trying to see if we could make it run in webOS 2, but it was there somewhere... (and if I remember correctly, one I did get it figured out, setting manta attempted to include files that we don't have, so I had to do some additional work to defeat that.. Not that I ever got it working anyway)

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    John,

The flat ribbon cable from the touchpanel that connects to the digitizer board is slightly damaged. I can actually manipulate the touchpanel sensitivity just by applying different amounts of pressure to one part of the cable where it curves under the case. Not sure your MiniProg3 PSoC programmer can fix or work around that problem. Wish it could.

Thanks,
    TTB
    Yes if it is not firmware issue but the ribbion, the programmer will not fix that, but I do have a mini-toolset, to fix ribbions and it goes down to a very small micron level, I have fixed very small traces on multi-level bread boards...

I would have to use it to trace which trace of the ribbion cable is broken and I could fix it. Just trying to help... The cable has 12 connections (the Touchpad has a smaller cable it's cable lacks the 3G antenna's which are part of the Go's TouchPanel cable), I have traced where each one goes to on the mini board...
    Ok newer Updated Super Script...

Removes Camera App (v2500) from Touchpad (which removed the flash button) back to V2400...
    Updated media-api and libhelper-ex...

Also using LunaSysMgr from Touchpad/WOCE will cause the rotation of the device to be off 90 degrees...

This includes taking pictures/video... So even though it will take the picture correctly it will be off 90 degrees...

Still looking into other parts, if there are issues please let me know...

As there are issues with the previous versions, I am removing those attachments...

Added a no QT4 for those that want Up Swipe to work, but LunaCE will not work with the Doctor created.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/24/2014 at 05:04 PM.
  14. eqr
    Put the Go to bed last night with 92% battery remaining. This AM it was at 17%. It's up to 3.0.5, but without the latest round of scripts added. Possible to see what's running while the machine is asleep to cause the drain?
    Ok newer Updated Super Script...

Removes Camera App (v2500) from Touchpad (which removed the flash button) back to V2400...
    Updated media-api and libhelper-ex...

Also using LunaSysMgr from Touchpad/WOCE will cause the rotation of the device to be off 90 degrees...

This includes taking pictures/video... So even though it will take the picture correctly it will be off 90 degrees...

Still looking into other parts, if there are issues please let me know...

As there are issues with the previous versions, I am removing those attachments...
    Dusting off this thread with a bump - TP GO's should prolly be upgraded to 3.0.5 before ACL installation.

I tested the upgrade process today to make sure its still working, and it is. No broken links or file copy errors as long as you've got the 3.0.4 Opal doctor and enough room on the partition you're running meta-doctor on. In case you hadn't figured it out yet, it's a 2 step process to upgrade to 3.0.5 on a GO.

1) Using a script and the 3.0.4 Opal doctor you got with your device to make a 3.0.5 meta - problem is, this meta was discovered to have a broken camera app and other bugs.

then

2) using a different script along with that 3.0.5 meta you just made to make a super meta 3.0.5 which happens to have a working camera app and some very nice extras added too!.

Kudos to John Steffes for his fine work!

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 09/13/2013 at 03:38 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    cbosdell and Rnp like this.
  16. eqr
    I'll second the thanks to John. I started this thread seeking help to upgrade my Go's and John stepped up and walked me through the process. 3.0.5 is running smoothly with the only remaining glitch being that the app or sometimes the Go will crash when switching between front and rear camera.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eqr View Post
    I'll second the thanks to John. I started this thread seeking help to upgrade my Go's and John stepped up and walked me through the process. 3.0.5 is running smoothly with the only remaining glitch being that the app or sometimes the Go will crash when switching between front and rear camera.
    Same effect I've got on my 3.0.6 TPgo with the camera.
    On my TPgo 3.0.4 it works.
  18. eqr
    Were it not for the effort it took to get me to 3.0.5, I'd be tempted to drop back to 3.0.4...except that in getting the camera running normally, I'd probably mess something else up.
  19. eqr
    The battery drain problem I mentioned a few posts, and a few months ago seems to have "self resolved." I can put the Go aside for a few days without shutting it down and pick it up with at least 60% remaining.

Not like the iPad which would still be at 95%, but none the less, better than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Same effect I've got on my 3.0.6 TPgo with the camera.
    On my TPgo 3.0.4 it works.
    My 3.0.4 doctor has a perfectly working camera app without any crashes or freeze ups. John's super doctor script which is like a Vulcan mind meld merge with the broken camera 3.0.5 doctor hasn't offered up any crashes or freezing of my device and a perfectly working camera app, so far at least.

Wish you hadn't dangled that 3.0.6 teaser out there. I'm starting to drool at the thought of seeing a memboot of your device being used to make a new meta ....

Actually with the effort involved moving up to a stable 3.0.5 so fresh for me, I'll prolly hold off awhile on clamoring for the next bumpgrade. Eventually I'll come knocking for that backup I'm sure ...

How is 3.0.6 anyways? I'll be curious to hear how the ACL runs on it, That's if if it will even install onto a 3.0.6 TP device??? That's a much bigger question mark than whether it will install and run on a 3.0.5 GO

TTB
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast