webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Using the TouchPad to Control YouTube
Using the TouchPad to Control YouTube
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By k4ever

Old 02/25/2013, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

I recently downloaded the YouTube app for my PlayStation 3. Last night I decided to play with the app and see what it could do. There is a setting in the PS3 YouTube app to pair with a mobile device, so I decided to try and pair my TouchPad running webOS. I opened up m.youtube.com/pair, entered the pairing code from the PS3, and it worked! I was able to use my TouchPad to search for and play/pause a video on YouTube on my PS3. I was also able to do the same with the YouTube app on my Vizio set top box.

In order to make this work on a webOS 3.0.5 you need to install the User Agent Override -Chrome patch from Preware or webOS Quick Install, restart Luna, open up the web browser, login to your YouTube account, then go to http://m.youtube.com/pair, go to the pairing menu in the YouTube app on your PS3 or Vizio and get a pairing code, enter the code on your TouchPad and enjoy controlling YouTube!

Please note that you need the Chrome patch and you need to go to the mobile YouTube site for this to work.
k4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 02/26/2013, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's awesome, thanks for the heads up on this, would have never thought to try!
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 09:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
That's awesome, thanks for the heads up on this, would have never thought to try!
No problem! It was just dumb luck that I happen to try it after I had the patch installed. It does not work without it. Found out the hard way when I tried it out on my wife's unpatched TouchPad.
k4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2013, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

This might be a little late for help, but I'm having some trouble getting this to work. The main issue is that the mobile youtube site does not offer me any 'menu button' any of the guides list (It's supposed to be a grey box with three lines) when visited on the Touchpad's browser.

As suggested, I've used the User Agent Override -Chrome patch from Preware and my device is indeed webOS 3.0.5.

Do you have any other browser enhancements that may affect the performance of the mobile site, allowing this button to display? I've also noticed that going directly to http://m.youtube.com/pair brings up a settings page, but no options for TV pairing. As of this email, I've also noticed a curious thing about http://m.youtube.com/pair, and that is it doesn't have a pairing option even when viewed on my desktop computer's Chrome browser. Perhaps there was an issue with this page during some update. Frustrating regardless.
Brian Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2013, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

From where can I download the User Agent Override-Chrome patch and what are the steps for installing it in my TouchPad.

Thanks,
Omer
oabdalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2013, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oabdalla View Post
From where can I download the User Agent Override-Chrome patch and what are the steps for installing it in my TouchPad.

Thanks,
Omer
Preware.
MAMISHO is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0