webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > weird screen rotation
weird screen rotation
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By geekpeter

Old 02/23/2013, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
eqr

Every time I start a movie, the screen flips upside down, putting the play/pause/volume pop-up and the status bar upside down at the top of the screen while the movie opens right side up, just like it should. When I push the "return to folder button," now at the top right of the screen, the screen flips back to the proper right side up. This isn't a huge deal, but is annoying, and puzzling.

Machine is a Go, running OS3.0.0. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
eqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

which way do you have the speakers pointing? (they should be pointing down/towards you)
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
eqr

Speakers and front control button are on the bottom. Camera at the top of screen, both front and back. Movie starts and almost immediately the bar which had been at the bottom of the screen, plus the play and pause pop up flip over and rest at the top of the screen. As I said, they "self hide" after a few moments, so it isn't that annoying. It just seems that it should be an easy fix. Then again, I yesterday aquired another GO, and it does the same thing. Both are at OS3.0.0, maybe an upgrade would help...wish I were smart enough.
Old 02/25/2013, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
eqr

Forgot to include: The movie plays right side up. It's just the pop-up and status bar that flip and move.
Old 02/26/2013, 02:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

If I recall... This was an issue with 3.0.0, or at least a pre-3.0.0 build, on even the original TouchPads. What version number and build number does the Device Info app report?
Old 02/26/2013, 03:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
eqr

Both Go's are 3.0.0 and Build 3057
Old 02/26/2013, 04:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

my concern immediatly turned to envy when you mentioned "go".
Thanked By: Rnp
Old 02/26/2013, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
If I recall... This was an issue with 3.0.0, or at least a pre-3.0.0 build, on even the original TouchPads. What version number and build number does the Device Info app report?
I honestly don't ever remember hearing this, but not saying it's incorrect.... also possibly a Go issue (not that I have heard of it either).
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0