webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Tap to share, how often do you use it?
Tap to share, how often do you use it?
Like Tree5Likes

Old 02/22/2013, 10:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
Herrie, 2.2.5 hasn't been released to the masses (yet). Do you know if this is on the cards, or if it was released to Devs only? Any ETA?

Cheers
Not released to the masses indeed, but someone got a Verizon Pre 3 from eBay or similar with 2.2.5 on it. I'm working with him to pull a backup from it, then to compare it with 2.2.4 to see what changes/fixes are in there (if any).

Depending on the changes/fixes we might decide to create a custom update/Doctor for Pre 2/3/Veer to 2.2.5
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, guilledil and T-Pad like this.
Old 02/22/2013, 11:22 AM   #22 (permalink)

I have a TouchPad and a Pre3 but have yet to use it.
Old 02/22/2013, 11:58 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
Don't use TTS often but there is a 3rd party app - ZAP Photoshare - that uses the TTS system. SMS with my Pre3 is fantastic and the bigger keyboard is great for me - I even use my BT keyboard sometimes too!

Great system completely underused by HP. As I understand it, the BT stack was not fully developed to use all the available BT filesharing capabilities. If it was, it would truly be fantastic instead of another half-baked discarded marketing tool. Oh well . . .
Totally agree with this. I use Zap photoshare to move photos from my pre3 to my touchpad for editing and always use the TTS feature. I don't use the URL transfer so often, but I do like the option. And now with my veer running 2.2.3 i can do it with both my veer and pre3! sweet!!
Old 02/22/2013, 02:23 PM   #24 (permalink)

I have a Touchpad and a Pre3. I can use Touch to Share one time, the second time it show the giant ripple, but nothing happens until I do a reboot. I think it was not quite bug free when it was released.
ChLange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2013, 04:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

Don't use the TTS very often mainly just to brag about it. But the paring It just every day for calling from the TP and for sending SMS from th TP trough the Veer.
sgcheco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2013, 12:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
Totally agree with this. I use Zap photoshare to move photos from my pre3 to my touchpad for editing and always use the TTS feature. I don't use the URL transfer so often, but I do like the option. And now with my veer running 2.2.3 i can do it with both my veer and pre3! sweet!!
What else does Zap photoshare do? That sounds pretty interesting. I've seen that app before but never really looked into it. It can transfer photos via TTS? Or triggered by TTS?

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0