webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Touchstone for Touchpad Stopped Working
Touchstone for Touchpad Stopped Working

Old 02/20/2013, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Touchstone stopped charging my Touchpad the other day. I thought maybe when it fell off the counter one of the wires might have broken loose. I broke it open before viewing this thread:

TouchPad Touchstone Teardown

When I opened it I caused all the wires pulled from the solder points. I don't know what goes where. Anybody have a picture of what wire goes where or can descibe the wiring? I really don't want to spend $40 to replace it.

Thanks.
Gone2Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2013, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone2Maui View Post
My Touchstone stopped charging my Touchpad the other day. I thought maybe when it fell off the counter one of the wires might have broken loose. I broke it open before viewing this thread:

When I opened it I caused all the wires pulled from the solder points. I don't know what goes where. Anybody have a picture of what wire goes where or can descibe the wiring? I really don't want to spend $40 to replace it.

Thanks.
I would say to go to the on device help app and do touchstone not working
Andrewlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2013, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone2Maui View Post

Thanks.
Maybe Rod Whitby here can help you.. but the Touchstones being as expensive as they are, i doubt that anyone else is eager to pull one apart.

You can find Rod on Google+ and he has a whole post about retrofitting TP touchstones with the phone variety, so there might well be a picture that would show what you're looking for
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0