webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > App Store
App Store
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vistaus

Old 02/18/2013, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi there.
Well what can I say....it's good to be back...ALMOST.
I believe that Apple offers the best computing experience with iMAC, Mac Mini etc... (i hate Windows 7 and 8).
But regarding the mobile experience I am not sure that iOS is superior to the rest. My first tablet was a Xoom (I know yeah!). The device was amazingly build but come on Android 3.0.... The I sold it and I bought the iPad 2 (hated it...sold it after 2 weeks). Then I purchased my first Touchpad (but it was with Android and WEBOS) and had the cracks by the speaker. SOLD it. then bought a new Sealed TOuchpad 32GB and the PRE 3. I had both devices for few months and loved them. But decide to sell them because I didn't see that was any future for the touchpad and the APP Catalogue. Moved to the iPAD 3 (amazing screen), and a Blackberry Phone and a Blackberry Playbook as a 7 inch tablet.
AS my phone contract is ending I have to renew but I am not sure about the iPhone, don't like Android, not sure about the Blackberry Z10 and even if i Love the Nokia Lumia range...windows Ohone is not very good.
So I might be back with a brand new Pre 3......but today I bought something that I wanted for a looooonnnnng time: The HP Touchpad White 64GB Sealed box! I will receive it on Wednesday.
I can't wait!
So my question is: Is the App Catalogue still working?
Any new apps or really less and less? BBC iPlayer still working? HULU?

Thanks for your help!
okkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

App Catalog's still back, but not sure about the other two things.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
App Catalog's still back, but not sure about the other two things.
So, i can download /buy apps on the HP Catalogue. Any new exciting apps or since last year??
okkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

One phrase...

LunaCE.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 03:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

To be honest, the HP app catalog is stagnating. But there's always Preware and plenty of good stuff on the forums. RumoredNow and i are also working on an independent paid app catalog, but since i'm the only developer on this project, any slowdowns on my part aren't offset by anythng else. Once i'm done moving to a new apartment, i'll be back to work 100%
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by okkio View Post
BBC iPlayer still working?
Yup it is indeed you need to use iPlayer big screen mode

BBC iPlayer - Bigscreen :: Home

I too got another Touchpad though a 16GB one, and a Pre 3, sold my Note 2 to go back to the Pre 3

Barry
barryb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2013, 04:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Well, there are new apps in the App Catalogue that are quite good. For example, we have a new app called Top Watch. It's a simple stopwatch but it looks good and it's Enyo 2 so worth mentioning at least. Then there is the awesome game Tennis In The Face which was released a few weeks ago. I'm addicted to it

And there are quite a few more new apps in the App Catalogue so while I do agree that it's not moving at a rapid pace, it's not really dying or something. Still have App Catalogue updates at least once a week and I see a few new apps at least once every 8 days so for webOS's current state I would say that's actually quite nice.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 02/19/2013, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
Well, there are new apps in the App Catalogue that are quite good. For example, we have a new app called Top Watch. It's a simple stopwatch but it looks good and it's Enyo 2 so worth mentioning at least. Then there is the awesome game Tennis In The Face which was released a few weeks ago. I'm addicted to it

And there are quite a few more new apps in the App Catalogue so while I do agree that it's not moving at a rapid pace, it's not really dying or something. Still have App Catalogue updates at least once a week and I see a few new apps at least once every 8 days so for webOS's current state I would say that's actually quite nice.
I like that you keep your finger on that pulse.

It's good that someone remind us there is still development going on at any pace.

RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Vistaus

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0