webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > USB not recognised
USB not recognised

Old 02/18/2013, 07:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

The problem is that in WebOS or CM9 my computer does not recognise my touchpad, it charges but that is all. The only time it is recognised is when it is in recovery mode. I've tried to doctor the touchpad but at 4% the doctor causes the touchpad to leave recovery mode and thus the touchpad disconnects from my pc.

My HP touchpad is dual booted with cm9,
however cm9 is not the cause of the problem, it has just happened randomly.

I have tried different computers running different windows versions but to no success. I have also tried different leads.

I don't want to uninstall android as it is the only area that gives me access to files/folders and allows me to move around files.

any help greatly appreciated!
t4nks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

In webOS: Did you use USB Drive mode?
In CM9: Did you tell it to start USB transfer mode?

4%, IIRC, is after the ramdisk is sent. Not sure if you're having driver problems or something.

There's a few apps in webOS for file management. E.g. Internalz, Gemini.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
In webOS: Did you use USB Drive mode?
In CM9: Did you tell it to start USB transfer mode?

4%, IIRC, is after the ramdisk is sent. Not sure if you're having driver problems or something.

There's a few apps in webOS for file management. E.g. Internalz, Gemini.
what do you mean by USB drive mode?
and in cm9 I have indeed done that.

also can't be driver issues as I've tried it on different computers running different OS.
and also them file programmes are good to know of thankful.

Thankyou for replying and the help.
Old 02/18/2013, 09:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

I can speak only from the WebOS side of things but my TP was giving me problems.
I.e. I couldn't transfer any files to the /media/internal no matter what I tried, regardless if it was using the wifi sharing app or plugging the usb.
I was getting the usb popup and when I go on and connect it - it tries to connect and then drops the usb connection.
I'm lucky to have a second TP with almost no patches(my wife's).
So the not so patched one does work fine thru usb so I figured it's not the driver or specific pc that couldn't connect but rather TP was to blame, since my pre 2 and the other TP worked just fine.
It looked like something was preventing mounting the /media/internal.
So I enabled back the logs on TP and removed LunaCE and UberKernal(which I toght might be the issue with CIFS shares since I messed with TouchPlayer and setting windows share to be available).
Anyway enabling the logs and turning on luberjack revealed that for the TP (because of issues with that VOIP client not working on the TP but fine on the phones) somebody came up with a hack to re spawn the service that connects the VOIP. This was locking the /media/internal, since it was checking every 10 secs and respawning the service if it's killed, which the mount.sh was doing when going into usb mode.
I'm back to normal - removed the linphone and the log file that was 165MB! without even using that app at all.
60RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2013, 06:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
I can speak only from the WebOS side of things but my TP was giving me problems.
I.e. I couldn't transfer any files to the /media/internal no matter what I tried, regardless if it was using the wifi sharing app or plugging the usb.
I was getting the usb popup and when I go on and connect it - it tries to connect and then drops the usb connection.
I'm lucky to have a second TP with almost no patches(my wife's).
So the not so patched one does work fine thru usb so I figured it's not the driver or specific pc that couldn't connect but rather TP was to blame, since my pre 2 and the other TP worked just fine.
It looked like something was preventing mounting the /media/internal.
So I enabled back the logs on TP and removed LunaCE and UberKernal(which I toght might be the issue with CIFS shares since I messed with TouchPlayer and setting windows share to be available).
Anyway enabling the logs and turning on luberjack revealed that for the TP (because of issues with that VOIP client not working on the TP but fine on the phones) somebody came up with a hack to re spawn the service that connects the VOIP. This was locking the /media/internal, since it was checking every 10 secs and respawning the service if it's killed, which the mount.sh was doing when going into usb mode.
I'm back to normal - removed the linphone and the log file that was 165MB! without even using that app at all.
That sounds perfect, any tutorials for this?
Old 02/19/2013, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4nks View Post
That sounds perfect, any tutorials for this?
lumberjack is homebrew app.
I assume you are familiar with homebrew since you have dual boot.
If you have linphone on your touchpad just uninstall it.
In lumberjack I set it to trace everything and before that enabled the default log level in the phone app (dail ##LOGS#).
And look for errors about umount command.
I would assume that any app that have active files opened up in the /media/internal will prevent usb mode from working and you'll be getting please close all cards before trying again. If there's an app or most likely a linux daemons associated with them and constant access to the usb partition that will mess up mounting it.
That's all I can say. Guess you can open terminal and find that same info in the linux logs but I'm not that experienced with linux and lumberjack gave me enough info
60RH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
4% doctor, doctor, usb

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0