webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Installing java on HP Touchpad
Installing java on HP Touchpad

Old 02/15/2013, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

I am really a greenhorn, when it comes to computers. I have a HP 32 bit tp. It has webOS 3.05, if that matters. I am trying to install java. I don't know what version to install. I tried to install novacom, also. I tried preware, but I think you have to have java installed, right? Everything I try to download, it gives me the error, cannot open mime files. HELP Please.

Thank You,
Sadielucille
sadielucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Georgios Keramiotis
Old 02/15/2013, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Why are you trying to install Java on the TouchPad itself? I don't think the versions of Java that came with previous versions of webOS were supported as browser plugins.

If you want to install Preware, do it on a computer, unless you have wTerm or another shell app on your TouchPad that you can use to download the install script.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sadielucille
Old 02/16/2013, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

For TP to connect to your PC you need novacom and the latest Java installed on the PC side.

Verify Java Version

Downloads - universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting

Then get WOSQI on your PC and use that to install Preware onto the TP: http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-4-0-a.html

For more help look here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sadielucille
Old 02/16/2013, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

is this just for a webpage to function or something, ubuntu is always a choice for this if your browser doesnt work as needed, firefox or chromium on ubuntuchroot should do the trick.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0