webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > How do i know if the TP touchstone is working?
How do i know if the TP touchstone is working?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow

Old 02/15/2013, 07:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

i have bought a used touchpad that is working great, and recently bought a used touchstone.
The touchpad is not charging when put on touchstone but is charging perfectly from usb or directly,
i don't know if it is the touchpad's fault or it is the touchstone.

i don't know anyone who has a touchpad or a touchstone to test them, i am in the middle east,
i tried the charger cylinder twist, doctored my TP to 3.05, removed android, kept it all night plugged, tapped on the touchpad's back... nothing worked

so is there any way i could know if it is the TP or touchstone's fault?
labwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

You should see a little lightning bolt over the battery icon.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Is the TouchPad in any sort of case?

I know it charges if in the official HP Folio case, but another kind of case might block the induction...

Do you have a Pre 3 by any chance? Reportedly that is the only phone which also charges on the TP's TouchStone and one could be used to test the TouchStone...

Will the new Touchstone also charge a pre-,pre3 or veer?

Are you using the same barrel for the USB mini AC power connection? If it is the same barrel as the one for the TouchStone then the "twist" is right... If not, try swapping barrels...
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 02/15/2013, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

the touchpad only charges in 2 orientations/directions, first landscape with the power button located top left with speakers on the bottom, and second portrait with the power button being top right as you look at it and speakers facing left.

the other 2 orientations dont charge it.

or easier thinking of the home/center button only being right or bottom.
Old 02/15/2013, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

thanks for the replies,
i have tried the touchpad with and without the case and in all possible orientations,
with the correct barrel actually tried 2 barrels, the one that came with touchstone and the one with TP
and still no luck
a friend borrowed my pre3 and will get it back next weekend,
meantime is there any mechanical, chemical, magnetic i don't know someway to know if the touchstone is working or not? it doesn't have any indicator whatsoever why!!
Old 02/16/2013, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by labwizard View Post
...i don't know someway to know if the touchstone is working or not? it doesn't have any indicator whatsoever why!!
LOL

The only indicator that it is working is the lightning bolt symbol on the TP battery icon that GMMan mentioned.

Kinda simplified in today's world of flashing neon whatsis and beeping doodads.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

could always place an anwanted normal phone on it, if its breaks then theres life in them thar touchstones.

/me does not seriously advise this and takes no responsability for any phones exploding in peoples faces. (end disclaimer)
Old 02/18/2013, 06:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ha! i love experimenting, i read somewhere that if i wrapped it in tin foil, and it is working, it will generate some heat.
they didn't say how much let's hope it doesn't explode, melt or send messages to aliens! can someone with a working touchstone try this too! and of course i take no responsibility for any damage

Tags
charging, not working, touchstone

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0