webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Salvaging HP touchpad parts
Salvaging HP touchpad parts

Old 02/07/2013, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

I have decided that my HP touchpad has finally bitten the dust. So I am looking for ways that I can put the parts to good uses. I had the thought of using the battery and the touchstone as a portable power supply for my phone or other devices. I also thought that the LCD could be used as a monitor for my raspberry pi or for other applications like for my S3. I would be grateful of any advice or further ideas for the parts in the Touchpad. Also I am pretty sure that the digitizer is mucked up so It has limited uses.

Adam
ads2996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

how do you plan to use the screen with S3? (I'm assuming you're talking about amazon s3)
xecure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2013, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads2996 View Post
Hi,

I have decided that my HP touchpad has finally bitten the dust. So I am looking for ways that I can put the parts to good uses. I had the thought of using the battery and the touchstone as a portable power supply for my phone or other devices. I also thought that the LCD could be used as a monitor for my raspberry pi or for other applications like for my S3. I would be grateful of any advice or further ideas for the parts in the Touchpad. Also I am pretty sure that the digitizer is mucked up so It has limited uses.

Adam
Do you still have parts? I'm looking for one in particular. I think it's the I/O Interface PCB.
ralevadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2013, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xecure View Post
how do you plan to use the screen with S3? (I'm assuming you're talking about amazon s3)
my guess would be Samsung galaxy S3
PrplHaz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2013, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralevadi View Post
Do you still have parts? I'm looking for one in particular. I think it's the I/O Interface PCB.
Here. PM this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
Ok, I'll let the cat out of the bag in here first.

I just happened across a bulk supply of dead or broken Touchpads. They all have misc problems so I imagine I will have plenty of parts available for sale once they arrive.

Already have an LCD cable for you.

PM me an offer.

I will be starting up a Touchpad parts thread in the Marketplace once these units arrive.
Hopefully he still has a couple of them left.
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0