1. tfj
    If I understand correctly, the TouchPad's 'USB drive' (/dev/mapper/store-media) starts out as a regular FAT32
    partition, but then the partition table gets zeroed-out (maybe by LVM2?).

Could you point me to a copy of the original 512-byte boot-record, or the partition table, or give the C:H:S
    values?

I'm trying to undelete a folder on the USB drive using <testdisk>, and as you can imagine, it's flummoxed by the missing partition info; maybe the original values will work. Incidentally, why is this info removed?

Thanks,
    tfj
    Here you go. Rename the file without the .txt.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3. tfj
    Well, that's another 'neutered' MBR, with a zeroed-out partition table; I assume
    that at some point during development, /dev/mapper/store-media had an intact MBR with
    partition info (something besides null characters in the 1be thru 1fd positions), could
    you point me to that?

Or, does /dev/mapper/store-media possibly have other MBRs stored on the TP? I've
    noticed that /dev/mmcblk0, /dev/mmcblk0p1 and /dev/mmcblk0p4 have intact MBRs (the first
    two are bootable), while none of the other 12 mmcblk0 partitions have anything resembling
    a MBR - could /dev/mapper/store-media be related to one of those three, or is that an
    unrelated subsystem?

Thanks,

tfj