webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Browsers no longer working correctly
Browsers no longer working correctly
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KingmanIII

Old 02/01/2013, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Both the built-in browser and the Advanced Browser that I downloaded have lost functionality. I can no longer just type something in the URL and have it launch the search engine. I enter something, hit enter and it just sits there doing nothing (in either browser). The Adv Browser no longer will accept and store bookmarks and the bookmarks I had previously stored have disappeared. I have no idea what, if anything, I could have done accidentally to cause this. If I type in a complete and correct URL, they seem to work ok. Any ideas?
lmacmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm having the same issue today. it worked this am but its broken now. wont load anything. also my wifi drops out and it says i have no connection.
Tyh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyh2o View Post
I'm having the same issue today. it worked this am but its broken now. wont load anything. also my wifi drops out and it says i have no connection.
No wifi problems here but the browser thing is very annoying. I have not made any changes in months other than any automatic updates that may have occurred (which I am unaware of.)

FWIW, the other day I tried a Luna restart and it hung until I plugged in the charger and came on but did not restart.
Old 02/01/2013, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

For those having the browser issues.... when is the last time you performed a FULL restart on the device? Many of those issues can be fixed with a simple restart (ala windows).

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 07:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ive done many restarts , alas it is still not working.
Tyh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
For those having the browser issues.... when is the last time you performed a FULL restart on the device? Many of those issues can be fixed with a simple restart (ala windows).
Thanks, that worked. Would have done that with a PC but for some reason, don't automatically think restart on the TP.
Old 02/03/2013, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
The Adv Browser no longer will accept and store bookmarks and the bookmarks I had previously stored have disappeared.
I'm having the same problem, except that the only bookmarks erased were those stored since my last successful backup (1/24), which no longer works, either.

Also, I can't save any new photos.

I think my .db files might be corrupted. Hope this doesn't require webOS Doctor to fix.
KingmanIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Ventus221 likes this.
Old 02/03/2013, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
For those having the browser issues.... when is the last time you performed a FULL restart on the device?
I've rebooted about two dozen times within the last week in an attempt to resolve the issue. I'm waiting for a new USB cable to arrive (stock cable got buggered up and this backup can't transfer data) so I can run Quick Install/Preware and look for a solution.
KingmanIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Possibly broken links in Just Type? Try searching from Just Type and see if it works.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0