webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Touchpad Full Reset
Touchpad Full Reset

Old 02/01/2013, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello all. My TP seems to be lagging a lot these days. Can't blame it i have installed/uninstalled numerous apps and patches for over a year now. So i think it's time for a full reset. I also have cyanogenmod 9 installed and was wondering if i have to uninstall it first before doing a full factory reset on my TP. Any other tips about waht to do before i reset it would be welcome. Thanks to all.
kkalogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

You will have to remove CM9 before attempting a factory reset. Those files aren't touched by the reset process - webOS just doesn't see them.

Honestly, if you're looking to get back to factory condition, a reset won't necessarily do it. It won't take care of any modifications made to the system that might be left over from your adventures in homebrew. The sure-fire way to get back to factory-fresh is to make a trip to the webOS Doctor.
Old 02/02/2013, 02:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
You will have to remove CM9 before attempting a factory reset. Those files aren't touched by the reset process - webOS just doesn't see them.

Honestly, if you're looking to get back to factory condition, a reset won't necessarily do it. It won't take care of any modifications made to the system that might be left over from your adventures in homebrew. The sure-fire way to get back to factory-fresh is to make a trip to the webOS Doctor.
Hmm, thanks for the reply. Actually what i want is for webos (still my prefered choice) to reset to factory condition, not the TP to go to factory condition. So since you say that webos simply does not see CM9 files or that whole partition for that matter i guess i can just do a reset on the webos side. And yes i understand that webos doctor is probably the best way to get back to true factory reset, still since performance is my concern and not wiping the slate clean i think i will stick with the full factory reset option.
kkalogia is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0