webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Wifi connecting but keeps giving error: "No Internet Connection"
Wifi connecting but keeps giving error: "No Internet Connection"

Old 01/28/2013, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Before I throw this paperweight across the room, I am going to throw out a question to all of you. I am connected to wifi in the top right corner. I have also gone to other locations (for example- my office) and connected to the wifi HOWEVER when I try to access anything including : HP App Catalog, Software Updates, etc - I get the message " You must connect to a network to use this application." I AM CONNECTED. So why is it saying this? I've spent days scouring all these forums and looking for a fix. I've utilized the WebOS Doctor and it tells me it can't reset my device contact support. "Support" is anything BUT supportive. I'm at my wits end... any ideas????
kstramondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is the WiFi indicator white?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Is the WiFi indicator white?
Yes. When I click the top right for the drop down it is checked that I am connected to my network. It is password enabled and I can get online (which is the other kicker). I can browse the net but cannot open apps such as the HP APP Catalog, the Updates, my books under Kindle, etc. I can't even search for Help on the tablet because that too, says no internet connection....
Old 01/28/2013, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's interesting. See if you can go to hpwebos.com. I think that's the address they use to test if the network's up or not.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 01/28/2013, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
That's interesting. See if you can go to hpwebos.com. I think that's the address they use to test if the network's up or not.
The website Hpwebos.com loaded under my browser. Like I said, I can browse the net but can't access the other things, like app catalog or updates or seach help or anything....
Old 01/28/2013, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

OK. You may want to capture some logs and see where the problem is actually occurring. See the link in my signature.
Old 01/28/2013, 01:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Okay. Hope I did this all correctly. It's attached below.

Thank you so much for your help by the way. I really appreciate it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt debuglog.txt (235.3 KB, 8 views) Email Attachment
Old 01/28/2013, 09:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

I think your problem is more due to the database than the internet connection. There's a lot of "bdb: transaction aborted" messages in the log. It might be that your database is full.
Old 02/01/2013, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

any ideas how to fix it?
Daisy Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 09:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

I have ALWAYS got the 'No Internet Connection' notice when first going 'on line' via Wifi with the TP in webOS and first hitting 'email' App..
I have found that to hit a site such as 'Google' first (where it gives the same notice but actually loads) then clears the way for 'email' App connection to successfully occur.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 09:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
I have ALWAYS got the 'No Internet Connection' notice when first going 'on line' via Wifi with the TP in webOS and first hitting 'email' App..
I have found that to hit a site such as 'Google' first (where it gives the same notice but actually loads) then clears the way for 'email' App connection to successfully occur.

Hope this is of some assistance.

yeah tried that
Daisy Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 10:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

So I assume from your 'tone' that it didn't work?
Did you give the page time to load fully first, despite the 'No internet Connection' notice?
Works for me anyway!

Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 02:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Roach View Post
yeah tried that
I have the same problem with some captative portals. So the workaround has been to set the TP in airplane mode, then turn off the airplane mode.
The problem it's only with the mail app.
andresigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2013, 08:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

In the last few weeks I get the Error-No internet connection, but each website comes up after I clear the error popup. I have tried erasing the short cut to the browser and entering a new one, directly the browser, turning Airplane Mode on then off, powering down and waiting five minutes and powering back up, all to no avail.I have plenty of memory left. Does anyone at HP know what is causing this? I bought this unit all the way back when they had the big $149.95 sale and this is the first trouble I have had. I've also noticed, though I have 15Mb internet access, I some times have to wait on the last character typed to show up, online. I would very much like to resolve this. Any help would be appreciated.
Harry Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2013, 10:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

This has been happening to me as well. There are no issues with my wifi setup at home, the internet connection lost message keeps on popping up in the last 3 weeks or so. Favorites, bookmarks, Skype setting, contacts, all disappear, then only come back after a restart. Whats going on??
teejay69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2013, 02:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

time for a doctoring?

So far, every time I've seen the dreaded "no internet messages", it's always been three things.

1) the router isn't assigning the IP properly. Rebooting the router fixes this.

2) lack of compatibility, sometimes, a switching the router's channels fixes this, otherwise, testing with another router can provide certainty if it's the tablet or the router.

3) software/OS corruption, doctoring (or full erase) is the best and easiest and fastest approach.

If all three fail, then you know that the issue is serious.
Old 04/24/2013, 11:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

Did anyone discover a resolution for this? I'm having the same exact problem: internet connection is OK, can access the internet, but get an internet connection error when trying to access HP Apps Catalog and some other functions.
gennie1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2013, 01:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennie1945 View Post
Did anyone discover a resolution for this? I'm having the same exact problem: internet connection is OK, can access the internet, but get an internet connection error when trying to access HP Apps Catalog and some other functions.
running 3.0.5? (if touchpad as opposed to a pre etc)
manually checked for software updates? (esp to the app catalogue)
checked your other devices and the webOS device IP addresses to see if theres a clash?

also what are the "other functions" your having issues with, sounds like a local problem if you can access the internet ok, if just the app cat isnt working id first check version numbers/software updates etc to make sure its all current.

As much info as you can would be useful, cant really suggest anything useful if its pretty much part working with your internet browsing being fine, in fact it probably isnt a wifi issue at all if you can browse so best to collect as much info and slap it in here to see if someone can id the actual problem.

Last edited by geekpeter; 04/25/2013 at 06:46 AM.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0