webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > does Kindle app only work with amazon.com accounts?
does Kindle app only work with amazon.com accounts?

Old 01/27/2013, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

noticing that the new amazon.ca kindle account had better prices on virtually all the books in my wishlist, I switched to amazon.ca. Same account otherwise (same email, same password, etc)

however, none of my amazon.ca purchases are syncing, and I can't find any way to change account info in the app settings, and I can't download a second copy of the app for just my .ca purchases? Am I doomed to higher prices if I want to keep using my Touchpad as my reader?

(at the rate I read, it will end up being cheaper to buy something new and ditch my touchpad - only things I use it for now are Kindle and podcasts...)
SkepCdnChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mine seems to work properly.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

i know i manually change the .com addres to .co.uk when the kindle takes me to amazon.com and all my purchases via the uk site sync up and work fine, i just assumed it worked the same regardless of country, amazon is amazon etc.

seems you need input from someone attempting the same as yourself for a clearer picture.
Old 01/27/2013, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

ok, thanks - I'll keep trying to get it to work...I'm sure it will eventually, I just didn't want to spend a ton of time on it if there was no way it would work!
SkepCdnChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 02:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

it definitely works in the UK, I've been using mine since the TP launch day in 2011.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0