webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > HP touchpad wont start after digitizer replace
HP touchpad wont start after digitizer replace

Old 01/26/2013, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,
I had my TP's digitizer cracked and I haven't used the device for few months. I decided to try to breath life into it, replaced digitizer and it wont turn on. I can see home button led glowing left and right when I plugin AC or when I plugin USB on PC. I tried every key combination and it didn't work. The only sign of life I get is when I hold power + home + vol up. When it's plugged in PC the LED stops glowing and I can see new device in my device manager. It is "Palm" and it is not installed. I installed novacomd from web os doctor but "Palm" is still unknown device. I tried installing both novacom bootie and normal novacom driver with have disk option but even after that web os doctor couldn't see the device. When I reset TP with home + power for 30s I can again see LED glowing but nothing in the device manager. I guess if I connected the screen in wrong way it would show something in device manager. After my digitizer cracked I could boot it to android or webos but couldn't use the touch input, so screen is healthy. I tried leaving TP in AC charger whole night with LED glowing but nothing. I also tried trickle charging with USB for several hours and nothing. FYI I'm using Windows 8 x64

Is there any solution for me? It would be highly appreciated as I don't know what to do any more. Thank you!
goranpejovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 03:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Your touchpad mainboard working well. Do not do wrong step to it. I feel that digitizer screen and digitizer board connection problem. So try to re-join it again carefully ......good luck.
lemanho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 03:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Or try this way if you have a working touchpad battery that over 80 percent power. Replace it directly and try turn it on. If still do not turn it on disconnect battery.After one minutes and re-join it. Hold power and vol up that see big USB. Running doctor 3.0.5 to flash device......
Old 01/27/2013, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
Or try this way if you have a working touchpad battery that over 80 percent power. Replace it directly and try turn it on. If still do not turn it on disconnect battery.After one minutes and re-join it. Hold power and vol up that see big USB. Running doctor 3.0.5 to flash device......

Id be cautious instructing the OP to start swapping out his battery . It may cause further issues and TBH seems pretty drastic given that the battery does not appear to be at fault since the TP is showing "some" signs of life...Could the issue be resolved with a reflash? Has the Op read through this thread TPDebrick v0.1 - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki maybe he can recognize similar issues to his over there.

Also consider when the tp is connected to pc (tricke charge) showing the home button flashing light to then immediately swap to the barrel charger, basically swap the cable (maybe try this a few times) "At the TP micro usb end" very quickly.. There are threads here where users have had success using this method...If i recall the symptoms were similar to what the op has described with the home button lights and palm showing..which resulted in the tp showing a battery icon with lightning bolt and then initiate charge then boot

Edit: perhaps this users post may explain it better http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1381564&page=8

Last edited by con500; 01/27/2013 at 09:16 AM.
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi guys thank you for all your answers. I went through TPDebrick topic on rootzwiki and I have done A6 reflash twice. Just in case I did reopened the Touchpad and reattached the cables again for both digitizer and screen and still nothing. I tried A6 flash two times with JC's guidance. First time I did it, I left it on stock AC charger whole night and in the morning I still got percentage and voltage 0 in klogs. I flashed it one more time but same thing happens. Is there any solution for me? I doubt that battery is completely dead because I wouldn't be able to enter DFU or Qualcomm mode.

I have tried what con500 suggested. I tried pluging in and out USB and swap from usb to AC but still no luck.
Old 01/27/2013, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi . You can replace the broken digitizer by yourself . (It is very diffcult job no easy). Why do not try to replace the working battery to fix it. I am sure that's fastest way and simple way. I want to say that I had fixed lot of dead touchpads like your touchpad................
Your touchpad battery is below 2.5V that will call it dead touchpad battery in our team......
Old 01/27/2013, 11:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have even tried measuring it with volt meter and showed 0.0 except on the blue wire where it was 0.01 (not that it matters) I guess the battery is completely dead! I am not sure how it could die like this if it just wasn't use in several months. I will buy a new battery and try with it
Old 01/27/2013, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yes. The battery protector board will protect itself if you do wrong step to it ( Our team call it lock or dead...) Actually it doesn't real dead and can fix it with a speical software. A working touchpad battery is over 3.7V....
also can cut battery wrap paper off to measuring cell s/b over 3.7V without the protector board....
Old 01/28/2013, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

guessing your incoming situation.......( Just guess).
1. buy a new touchpad battery. Power is below 20% normally.
2.Insert into touchpad and 50% chance can charger only. Because you had flash the mainboard (For normal webos touchpad. It will show the battery symbol with red line immediately.
3. Try to hold power+Vol up to running doctor. But can not be because the power is no enough. Hope can charge from PC.
4. So you will flash A6 again ??????

Hope you fix it and share the result to webosnation fans.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0