webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Printing with tp and epson
Printing with tp and epson

Old 01/26/2013, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

I can't find anyone who has a networked wireless epson workforce 600. The print to any printer is working find. The tp says that the Epson isn't supported. Any ideas family?
Frank Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2013, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the Artisan 810...with the print server utility on my computer and never had issues...

If you're using the print server, it's probably a setting that's off.
Old 02/22/2013, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

where do I check for this setting, or your suggestion. I'm not a techie, but like simple puzzles
Old 02/22/2013, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'd recommend that you read this...

Printing to any printer using the Touchpad (solution!)

Quick version - if you can manage without issues: ensure that you have the latest version

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24894676/Tou...ter_v1.2.1.zip

unzip to a local folder

Start TouchPad2PCPrinter.exe

Checkmark the "Star server upon application"

Go in options and select the printer(s) according to what you want to print to which printer if you have more than one... (me: I have colour prints going to my Epson 810, and the B/W to my Canon laser).

Minimize the window and it should disappear and by a right side icon (where the clock is).

Try printing from your Touchpad.

What it comes down to, is that the TouchPad should view this as a HP printer, this software catches the port, converts to PDF and then prints to the printer of your selection. The Touchpad should never even have a clue to what printer that you are using.

Last edited by imfallen_angel; 02/22/2013 at 10:37 AM.
imfallen_angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Frank Ross
Old 02/25/2013, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
I'd recommend that you read this...

Printing to any printer using the Touchpad (solution!)

Quick version - if you can manage without issues: ensure that you have the latest version

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24894676/Tou...ter_v1.2.1.zip

unzip to a local folder

Start TouchPad2PCPrinter.exe

Checkmark the "Star server upon application"

Go in options and select the printer(s) according to what you want to print to which printer if you have more than one... (me: I have colour prints going to my Epson 810, and the B/W to my Canon laser).

Minimize the window and it should disappear and by a right side icon (where the clock is).

Try printing from your Touchpad.

What it comes down to, is that the TouchPad should view this as a HP printer, this software catches the port, converts to PDF and then prints to the printer of your selection. The Touchpad should never even have a clue to what printer that you are using.
How do I save the ip for p2p.. I got my tp to print, but how do I save the ip for the printer?
Old 02/25/2013, 10:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ross View Post
How do I save the ip for p2p.. I got my tp to print, but how do I save the ip for the printer?
you do not need it... Your computer is doing the work, so as long as you can print from your computer, the print server (Tp2pcprinter) simply renders the file and sends to the printer.
Thanked By: Frank Ross

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0