webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > How do I get rid of the homebrew tab?
How do I get rid of the homebrew tab?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GMMan

Old 01/23/2013, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

I'm selling my TP. I've gotten rid of android and doctored it. But even after doctoring it the homebrew tab is still there. How can I remove it?

While I'm here, is it possible to sell it with a dual boot and have it so when u boot into either os you can sign in from the beginning?

Thx
ohmytvc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

You logged on again with your webOS Profile, didn't you? When you log in your data gets restored automatically, including tabs, even custom ones. Just do an erase data and it'll be gone. As for Android, install it, leave it at the setup screen, and reboot to webOS. Then erase data in webOS, reboot, wait for it to go into the First Use app, and then hold the power button and tell it to turn off.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman and geekpeter like this.
Thanked by HelloNNNewman, ohmytvc15
Old 01/23/2013, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You logged on again with your webOS Profile, didn't you? When you log in your data gets restored automatically, including tabs, even custom ones. Just do an erase data and it'll be gone. As for Android, install it, leave it at the setup screen, and reboot to webOS. Then erase data in webOS, reboot, wait for it to go into the First Use app, and then hold the power button and tell it to turn off.
So when whoever buys it sets up their account the homebrew tab won't be there? Makes sense.ok thanks!!
ohmytvc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I think....you can change it through the Sun-Orbital app or you can remove the extra tabs patch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0