webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Hp app catalog, preware issues
Hp app catalog, preware issues

Old 01/19/2013, 06:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Has the feeds for these apps been shut down? I have been having issues for a couple weeks and can by connect to eighter app
rams99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 07:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

No problems with either of them for me.
johncc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 09:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
Any one have any suggestions on what I should do...rebooting does not help...should I wipe everything back to when I purchased and reinstall?
Old 01/19/2013, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
I have issues with both apps (Homebrew, and the Preware app ) both will not open, has the app catalog moved to a different feed? Not sure why both HP apps are having issues now just over 2 weeks ago there were no issues with opening both.
Old 01/19/2013, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was seeing App Catalog notifying me of an update for an app today, so everything should still be live. Post logs, is what I'd ask.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 04:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Yup, I got updates via Software Manager a few days ago so the Catalog is still working. Also, Preware shows me a new version of Meteroids (which I haven't installed) so it appears that the Catalog was at least up yesterday.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 06:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I was seeing App Catalog notifying me of an update for an app today, so everything should still be live. Post logs, is what I'd ask.
Thanks for the feedback not sure why I am having issues now.
Old 01/20/2013, 06:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
Yup, I got updates via Software Manager a few days ago so the Catalog is still working. Also, Preware shows me a new version of Meteroids (which I haven't installed) so it appears that the Catalog was at least up yesterday.
Thanks, I'll keep digging into the problem
Old 01/21/2013, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
Preware app is now opening just takes a lot longer used to be around 15 seconds now it takes minutes. Th HP app catalog is hanging up on select the country screen just keeps loading and doesn't give you a chance to enter any info at this point can it be reloaded thru another source?
Old 01/21/2013, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Country select? Why would it go there?

Got any Application Database Full or Too Many Cards errors lately?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 01/22/2013, 07:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Country select? Why would it go there?

Got any Application Database Full or Too Many Cards errors lately?
No errors everything else runs smooth could it have anything to do with a logging setting ? If you open phone and video calling app dial ##5647# then hit the call. Button it opens the screen where you can change the logging levels I set mine to minimum ??
Old 01/22/2013, 09:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Logging levels shouldn't matter, but since you're there, you might as well set App Catalog's logging higher and do a log capture.
Old 01/23/2013, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Logging levels shouldn't matter, but since you're there, you might as well set App Catalog's logging higher and do a log capture.
Not sure how to do that, the options I see are restore default levels, set logging to minimal. Don't see an option to change a logging level that is app specific.
Old 01/23/2013, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

There should be another tab for selecting apps.
Old 01/23/2013, 08:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't see one choices are guick log create, create log with description, clear logs, change logging levels....If you select change logging levels choices are , set logging to minimal or create custom log profile.
Old 01/23/2013, 08:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Also the last patch I see in preware is dated 1/3/13 have there been any since then ?
Old 01/23/2013, 08:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Not as far as I know. Haven't seen anything come through the patch portal.
Old 01/23/2013, 08:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rams99 View Post
I don't see one choices are guick log create, create log with description, clear logs, change logging levels....If you select change logging levels choices are , set logging to minimal or create custom log profile.
The tab's on that page.
Old 01/24/2013, 06:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Not as far as I know. Haven't seen anything come through the patch portal.
That's good news at least the preware app is working now.
Old 01/24/2013, 06:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
The tab's on that page.
What's it labeled ?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0