webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > How will I live without
How will I live without
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By con500

Old 01/16/2013, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

After buying my TP in the first week of the fire sale I guess I have to say goodbye to it.
Last week I woke up to my TP showing the Question Mark Of Death. After considerable research and a couple of attempts at solutions posted, I am unable to revive my TP.
I will call HP tomorrow but I can't justify the cost of repair at this time.
While I didn't post on these forums very often, I did navigate to webOS Nation and the forums daily to see if there was anything new in the community.
I used my TP constantly. I used webOS with its ease of use (swipe everything is so user friendly). I used the Android side for other apps I couldn't use on webOS. The ease in which I flowed back into the webOS interface was comforting. I seemed to get confused when I booted to Android. It just wasn't webOS.
I dumped my Nokia phone so that I could get Bluetooth working with my TP. I never could understand why they were so incompatible.
I will put my TP into its original box and bury it in my closet. I'm not ready to let go of it just yet. Truthfully I hope there comes a fix for it but I am not holding my breath that HP tells us what the problem is or how to fix it.
I now wish I had bought two.
the1bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Battery problem? I think we can find you a new battery and it should hopefully work, again. I'm not familiar with the problem, but if this isn't a mainboard issue, then a brand new battery will bring it back to life
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Look on ebay. There are plenty of batteries from China. I'm pretty sure they are the original ones too.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
VasTheGreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

There are plenty of Touchpads available on Ebay and Amazon. You can find some great deals and Ebay also offers 6 Months same as cash. Your profile will work with no problem
Mmacholda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmacholda View Post
There are plenty of Touchpads available on Ebay and Amazon. You can find some great deals and Ebay also offers 6 Months same as cash. Your profile will work with no problem
But then he'll lose everything else. A battery replacement is easy enough
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1bobcat View Post
After buying my TP in the first week of the fire sale I guess I have to say goodbye to it.
Last week I woke up to my TP showing the Question Mark Of Death. After considerable research and a couple of attempts at solutions posted, I am unable to revive my TP.
I will call HP tomorrow but I can't justify the cost of repair at this time.
While I didn't post on these forums very often, I did navigate to webOS Nation and the forums daily to see if there was anything new in the community.
I used my TP constantly. I used webOS with its ease of use (swipe everything is so user friendly). I used the Android side for other apps I couldn't use on webOS. The ease in which I flowed back into the webOS interface was comforting. I seemed to get confused when I booted to Android. It just wasn't webOS.
I dumped my Nokia phone so that I could get Bluetooth working with my TP. I never could understand why they were so incompatible.
I will put my TP into its original box and bury it in my closet. I'm not ready to let go of it just yet. Truthfully I hope there comes a fix for it but I am not holding my breath that HP tells us what the problem is or how to fix it.
I now wish I had bought two.

Don't know if you are aware of it But the issue of the "question mark of death" (QOD) has been SOLVED and over the Christmas period @jcsullins over at rootzwiki has since managed to revive 100% of dead touchpads that were showing the dreaded QOD...You will have to do some reading on the fix method but as far as I know it is pretty straightforward (provided you have access to a Linux setup, not sure if there's a windows method as of yet)

If you head over to TPDebrick v0.1 - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki - Page 31 There is a lot of help on getting going and reviving your touchpad. You are basically going to be performing a "reflash" of the A6 chip that is contained in touchpad . Note: you will NOT need to in any way disassemble the TP. The reflash just requires USB cable connected and follow instructions

The link I've posted is the instructions but if you navigate to around page 34 you will start to see the first of many Now Fixed touchpads
Like I say read what you can and use the thread to make contact with jcsullins. He is awesome and will have you up and running again. AFAIK the fix is completed In a few minutes

Last edited by con500; 01/16/2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: updated
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Thanked By: Remy X

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0