webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > NEW HP TOUCHPAD...Need some help...
NEW HP TOUCHPAD...Need some help...
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  • 1 Post By CWFlink

Old 01/16/2013, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

I recently purchased a Touchpad with the confidence that I would be able to make the necessary tweaks to the device to use to my satisfaction.

Unfortunately, I've hit a wall already and I'm trying not be become discouraged. I haven't been able to install WOSQI. Novacom is missing and I've tried using the direct link to the driver, unzipping it and installing it, however my computer doesn't recognize the Touchpad device...no matter what I do. Which is interesting because if I go to devices I can see it, however when attempting to launch WOSQI it states there is no device found.

I could use a little direction...thanks in advance.
Old 01/16/2013, 10:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Enabled developer mode?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Mawijak
Old 01/16/2013, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Enabled developer mode?
Yes, developer mode has been enabled. PM? I'm presuming post message?
Old 01/16/2013, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Enabled developer mode?
I will review the info posted in the links provided...stay tuned.
Old 01/16/2013, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think downloading and running the novacom drivers is connected to having the latest java installed and didn't all the browsers disable java until Oracle found a security fix for the latest malware?
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Mawijak likes this.
Old 01/16/2013, 12:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
I think downloading and running the novacom drivers is connected to having the latest java installed and didn't all the browsers disable java until Oracle found a security fix for the latest malware?
Bluenote...

You may have a point...I already had the latest version of java installed, so I didn't even consider that possibility.

Thanks
Old 01/16/2013, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
I don't think that applies to local apps.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

As recently as yesterday, I put my webOS device in developer mode, plugged it into a recently upgraded to Windows 8 PC, and novacom was installed automatically for me....
key mistake I made first time: plugged in usb cable before going to developer mode. ...windows will not load novacom unless it sees the device upon initial connection presenting the device type requiring novacom.
CWFlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 02/16/2013, 11:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

I had problems initially myself, try using this. Worked for me.

Universal Novacom Installer
ZeroInfiniti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
novacom, wosqi

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0