webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > No "Just Type" bar on TouchPad
No "Just Type" bar on TouchPad

Old 01/11/2013, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have a HP HSTNH-129C TouchPad

Product #: FB356UT#ABA

OS Version: HP webOS 3.0.5

I was trying to install Homebrew WebOS Quick Install v4.4.0 (WebOSQuickInstall-4.4.0.jar) from webOS forum download.
When it tried to download/install the Novacom drivers, it failed after 2 seconds, stating that installation failed.

So I downloaded/installed UniversalNovacomInstaller-1.3.jar. That downloaded/installed correctly.
Then I received the "No Devices Found" window, "Please connect a device to continue".

In the next step, I tried to "Put your device into Developer Mode" on my TouchPad:
In the Just Type bar (the transparent bar in card view - the 'home screen' - that says "Just Type"), type the following: webos20090606

When I open Just Type on my TouchPad, there is no bar (or search window), so I can't enter the above info.

I am stuck at this point.
Please advice as what to do next.
Thank you for your assistance and time.
jpnp
jpnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2013, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Does the keyboard pop up?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0