webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Browser Recovery. Re-Install Possible?
Browser Recovery. Re-Install Possible?

Old 01/05/2013, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all, Lately my TP has been having some Browser issues ie: links not working that previously worked...Pages not fully loading or load to a blank screen etc..

Also noticing more and more frequent sound issues in the touchpad tho maybe unrelated to the above issues.

I'm wondering if there is any way to Re-install the browser framework from within webos or preware...I am currently trying to avoid going down the complete webos doctor route, if possible.

I understand a full doctoring maybe the better suggestion however I would prefer if there were an option to sort of re-flash the original browser to see if it irons out the issues. Anyone know if its possible?

Thanx Guys
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Have you installed any browser patches? If you haven't I don't know of anything else that would actually touch the browser code. Anyway, it seems more related to other parts of the system than the actual browser code.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

I recently installed the Isis browser via preware but I quickly un-installed when I realised it lacked most features of the actual browser. However my issues were evident before installing Isis.

I think I have a few other patches like 'Thumb Nav controls' and 'Disable browser cache' unthrottle download manager....I wonder if any of these may be causing the actup? As you say tho @Gmman I doubt these would be written to original browser code
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Looks like the underlying WebKit engine is going bad for some reason. If you want to avoid Doctoring, have a look at this: WebOS Repair Utility v2.1
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: con500

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0