webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Touchpad Wifi problems
Touchpad Wifi problems

Old 12/28/2012, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey guys,

I get connected to wifi networks, the problem is that i get no internet once connected. I tried with multiple wifi connections and I'm having problems with all of them. The only error message I get is "No Internet connection"

Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks!
ra88sheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

What's the IP address displayed when you tap your network in the WiFi app? Give me the first two sets of numbers (a set being the digits to the left, right, or between the dots).
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Out of curiosity, did you try assigning a static address? That solved the flaky behavior of my TouchPad's Wifi.

Do you have a terminal program installed from preware? If so, you can try some typical network troubleshooting commands. Things like:

ifconfig -a
ping 127.0.0.1
nslookup yahoo.com
ping yahoo.com

I don't remember which commands are available with the TouchPad's Linux kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra88sheed View Post
Hey guys,

I get connected to wifi networks, the problem is that i get no internet once connected. I tried with multiple wifi connections and I'm having problems with all of them. The only error message I get is "No Internet connection"

Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks!
Old 12/28/2012, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
What's the IP address displayed when you tap your network in the WiFi app? Give me the first two sets of numbers (a set being the digits to the left, right, or between the dots).
it's 192.168 ~ my laptop, pre 3 works fine, but for some reason my touchpad decided to stop working and now it wont get any internet connection from any wifi network =/
Old 12/28/2012, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
Out of curiosity, did you try assigning a static address? That solved the flaky behavior of my TouchPad's Wifi.

Do you have a terminal program installed from preware? If so, you can try some typical network troubleshooting commands. Things like:

ifconfig -a
ping 127.0.0.1
nslookup yahoo.com
ping yahoo.com

I don't remember which commands are available with the TouchPad's Linux kernel.
No i don't but I'll try to get it through quickinstall and report back when i can.
Old 12/28/2012, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggendel View Post

What do you mean by static address?
Old 12/28/2012, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

For those of you with the same proble, sadly, I had to WebOS Doctor it, but it's working... for now. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.
Old 12/28/2012, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Right... There was the other trick, in which you set your router's channel to 2. I found the last time I Doctored it only lasted a couple of days before I had trouble again.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2012, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

The touchpad is known to be very buggy with internet access, my advice would to either backup all your data and do a quick reset or call HP Support and go from there, you can also doctor it but that would only temp fix it.

-Ean
Eantheman is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0