webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > I think I killed it...
I think I killed it...
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By russ399

Old 12/24/2012, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

If you have been following along, I have not been able to connect my TP to my WIN7 PC for a long time. It will connect to a WIN XP laptop. Anyway, today, I removed all drivers etc on the PC and connected the TP. Lo-and behold, it connected.

Then things went down hill.

As I was tranfering files (drag and drop to HP TOUCHPAD), the TP reported ouch - disconnected USB. Well, I did nothing, it was connected...

So I rebooted, installed the novacom driver, and connected to a different USB port, and started to transfer files again but it crashed again, reporting that I unplugged the cable again....

Now the TP will not boot up...

All I have is the HP logo in the middle of the screen for hours...

I hold the power and home button. The TP resets but the logo comes right back on...

Is it a gonner?
russ399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

at the ouch part id have been trying a new cable, then after a new cable with still no working bootup, id metadoctor with the new/hopefully working cable?
Old 12/24/2012, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
at the ouch part id have been trying a new cable, then after a new cable with still no working bootup, id metadoctor with the new/hopefully working cable?
I am not sure how a bad cable would keep it from booting at this point.

I can't doctor it untill I connect - reliably
Old 12/24/2012, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

It could also be your microB USB port is faulty. Some connections might not be soldered down anymore...

The sudden disconnects mid-transfer may have damaged the drive and that's what keeping it from booting.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 12:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
It could also be your microB USB port is faulty. Some connections might not be soldered down anymore...

The sudden disconnects mid-transfer may have damaged the drive and that's what keeping it from booting.
so can I just get a standard micro-usb cable from amazon or best buy?

Then, should I be able to run the doctor?
Old 12/24/2012, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think it is stuck in the so called "Boot Loop" condition. If you read on in the forums there is several instances where it gets stuck there either by the Battery being completely drained( either by sitting on the Touchstone charger or battery low enough to cause the doctor to get stuck) or the file is corrupted . I have been trying to get mine to Doctor as well as it is stuck where all i see is the HP logo not flashing back and forth at all. I have tried numerous ways to push the buttons and in different combinations and and even let it drain completely and it comes right back to the logo. I want to use the downloadable Doctor from the Wiki but having a hard time understanding the step by step process on how to get WebOS Doctor to launch.
I dont think your TP is toast by no means. I think it just needs accessed from one of the many different ways it has been accessed here in the forums. Several posts describe how and like i said.. for me.. its just understanding how to do the step by step... apparently Im missing something somewhere hehe
good luck tho.. dont give up!
T4H_KiserSose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ399 View Post
I am not sure how a bad cable would keep it from booting at this point.

I can't doctor it untill I connect - reliably
i did say at the "ouch" part, as that only occurs when a cable is pulled..... or possibly faulty or as mentioned in another reply, the port itsself, but its still easier to test with another cable first.
Old 12/25/2012, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

all is well! A Christmas miracle TP power drained last night and along with a new cable, the TP returned to life. Even my PC sees it now. Must have been a bad cable all along.
Liked by geekpeter and Remy X like this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0