webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > 2nd old news HP touchpad topaz 3G/EVT4
2nd old news HP touchpad topaz 3G/EVT4
Like Tree2Likes

Old 12/23/2012, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Got another HP touchpad Topaz 3G device in this week. It sounds like
1.CPU AP08060
2.Memory eMMC: TSB 64G
3.LPDDR2: 8G Elipida
4.PM8901 v2.1
5. Touch Panel controller: Cypress
6. Camera: Chicony
7. PCB: Unitech
8. Wifi and BT antenna vendor: Yageo
9.WWAN main and AUX antena: Yageo
10.3G module: Ericssion F5521gw 361

Version HP Webos 3.0.0
Serial Number: 5CLFXXXXX(secret)
Product Number: FB3XXXX-EVT4 (Secret)

Can use china Unicom 3G card as ATT 4G unlocked version. Can not activie HP accounts like Touchpadgo device. I really want to how many kinds of touchpad and touchpadgo that had development . And never release in the market.................Will report this device later.
lemanho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

My Touchpad still rocks so the only unreleased product I would want is the HP Windsornot. There was one prototype, wonder what happened to it...
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

That's touchpad battery problem. espeically using andriod CM7/9/10 in touchpad. The battery is going down very fast unless chargering it everyday like andriod mobile phone. Must open the back cover and take out battery. Using special software to adjust it working zero times and wake it up. And let touchpad recognize it a new battery.....
I did this way to fix several dead touchpads. (Except hardware problem like damaged mother board.....)
Old 12/23/2012, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
My Touchpad still rocks so the only unreleased product I would want is the HP Windsornot. There was one prototype, wonder what happened to it...
Actual prototypes are usually destroyed, and that's usually pretty easy if there was only one. When you're a company like Apple with a hundred or so prototype next-gen iPhones being tested in the field, it's a bit easier for one to make its way to the public eventually.

It's possible the slab exists, but I wouldn't count on it surfacing.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
That's touchpad battery problem. espeically using andriod CM7/9/10 in touchpad. The battery is going down very fast unless chargering it everyday like andriod mobile phone. Must open the back cover and take out battery. Using special software to adjust it working zero times and wake it up. And let touchpad recognize it a new battery.....
I did this way to fix several dead touchpads. (Except hardware problem like damaged mother board.....)
any chance on some more details about this

is it this Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

got a thread over on rootzwiki too Battery Question Mark Issue - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

any advice/guidance would be most appreciated to a lot of users
andotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Depends on what Android phone you have. My Android phone is a Motorola Razr i (few months old) and with slightly heavy usage I only have to charge it every 3 days.
Old 12/24/2012, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

The following what I did (If try different ways to charger touchpad and No work)
1.open the back cover carefully.there are 8 locks and use knife to open. Can feel and listen "click" sound
2.unscrew battery and connector carefully and take out battery
3.connect to battery with some cables and PC
4.unlock battery protector board and adjust it 0 working times
5.just charger a few power to battery
6. Insert battery to touchpad and plug the original charger.
7.If show battery symbol with red line.Congratulations.... And in chartering over 20 hours because TP think that's brand new battery
8.If show battery symbol with small question symbol inside. That's hardware problem....
Old 12/24/2012, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Missing one step. When put the back battery into touchpad. Hold the power and Menu over 15-20 seconds and plug the orginal charger later.
Old 12/27/2012, 07:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

fix touchpad battery picture....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP battery fix.jpg (22.9 KB, 290 views) Email Attachment
Old 12/27/2012, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Lemanho,
Sounds like you have a working solution to the question mark issue!

Can you provide a few more details about the procedure, like what software you are using to reset the battery controller? What cable is needed to connect the battery to a PC?

How do you unlock the battery protector and adjust working time?

Forgive me if i've missed a post that explains it. If so, could you point me to it? Thanks!
makemyday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 05:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
fix touchpad battery picture....

This ain't happening anywhere in or near my house, it looks like a flaming inferno waiting to happen!

Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/27/2012 at 05:34 PM.
TopTongueBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 12/27/2012, 07:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Ha...I will be attaching some pictures for Webos devices/different mainboard/....Hope enjoy with Webs fans.
I can not solve the question mark in battery. The reason is mainboard doesn't connect and recognize it. All I do is replace a working mainboard.
Old 01/02/2013, 03:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Also can fix dead touchpadgo battery with this method..........
Old 01/02/2013, 08:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Ha...I will be attaching some pictures for Webos devices/different mainboard/....Hope enjoy with Webs fans.
I can not solve the question mark in battery. The reason is mainboard doesn't connect and recognize it. All I do is replace a working mainboard.
The Question mark battery issue has now been resolved over at TPDebrick v0.1 - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki - Page 36. Afaik jcsullins has had 100% success rate in fixing the touchpads with the question mark in the last few days, by helping the user to re-flash the A6 in the TP. You will need access to a linux setup to acheive this fix
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
Actual prototypes are usually destroyed, and that's usually pretty easy if there was only one. When you're a company like Apple with a hundred or so prototype next-gen iPhones being tested in the field, it's a bit easier for one to make its way to the public eventually.

It's possible the slab exists, but I wouldn't count on it surfacing.
Well, it already surfaced over at WebOS Internals. Well, I'm not really recognizing it but a bunch of people did.
How many of these touchstone capable back covers can you iden... on Twitpic

Oh and:
The extended webOS family
Old 01/02/2013, 10:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Good news but feel more complicated. That's the same thoughts I think. My methods that let the old mainboard connect and recognize a new battery. TPDerbrick methods let the old battery connect and recognize a new mainboard............
Old 01/03/2013, 07:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Good news but feel more complicated. That's the same thoughts I think. My methods that let the old mainboard connect and recognize a new battery. TPDerbrick methods let the old battery connect and recognize a new mainboard............
Any chance you will post some details so other members can benefit from this
lifeisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2013, 07:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

For example got a dead pre 3 and can not charge. The first idea from your mind that use the other working battery to try it. So it is same situation for lot of dead touchpads. Most of dead touchpads can fix use this method. But need to open back cover and take out battery carefully.(It is not easy for some customer).Except flash mainboard with incorrect way or the other hardware problems.
So must use orginal 5.3v 2A head to charge touchpad. It will be locked battery in some reason if use 5.0v or cheap charging head...
Old 01/03/2013, 07:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

There are some gauge to inspect and fix dead touchpad battery..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fix touchpad battery 01.jpg (16.0 KB, 49 views) Email Attachment
Old 01/05/2013, 12:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
WRONG!
TPDerbrick methods let the old battery connect and recognize existing main board by performing either a reflash of the A6 chip, or a repartition of the emmc depending on which TP brick scenario exists on the device.

lemanho,

You may have a lot of valid information in your posts and threads, however, I sometimes am left to wonder what your real motivation is for posting here. You claim to have plenty of devices, then when queried using PM's on them, you often claim the devices are in the hands of a "friend" you see on Sundays.

I've inquired about purchasing parts and devices from you which you've claimed are in your hands and available for sale, then come to find out you don't have them in your possession at the moment, and/or you need to check with your Sunday "friend" before giving me an exact price.

Additionally, when offered solutions by our members to probelms you're having with some of your devices (like the tpdebrick process), you are either quick to discount the process as invalid and/or state you have no interest in pursuing that form of restoral on the device. If that's the case, why did you post about the problem in the first place?

Lastly, I am not sure about the level of your honesty with me. I tell you of a 64GB TP GO device that I have factual information directly from factory sources who built the devices indicating the 64GB Opal device I have was the only one made, and you respond discounting my claim and tell me you have seen many of the 64 GB Touchpad GO devices. I am more likely to trust information from factory sources than information from a blog post.

In conclusion, i am not denying you possess a ton of knowledge about the HP devices you write about, and I do get the sense you are as disgruntled as any of us are about the current state of webOS and its hardware, however, I question your motivation for posting information about these devices because you easily discount known solutions and fixes we share with you here.

Barry
Liked by con500 likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0