Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    I just got my son a Touchpad for Xmas. I am setting it up for him. It did not do this at first but now, every time I start up the browser, it goes to a screen that states te following:
    First line: You don't have Advanced Browser
    Second line: Get it Now!
    Third line: Load Stock Browser (I have to press this to bypass the screen and go to the regular browser)

    This is annoying. How do I get rid of this!

    -Koa-
  2. #3  
    Sounds like you purchased a used TouchPad? If so, the first thing I would do is run the Doctor and get a nice fresh copy of webOS installed. This will set everything to factory fresh condition and get rid issues like this that may be left over from the previous owner.
    con500 likes this.
  3. #4  
    I know this post is old but:
    I'm uninstalling the Advanced Browser that I paid for in the HP app catalogue. It's useless for many reasons. Now the stock browser isn't automatically running without clicking a particular option EACH TIME!

    I can see the need to reset the browser so if it's possible please post a reply with the solution.
  4. #5  
    Advanced Browser

    read whole thread or just that part/onwards
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Advanced Browser

    read whole thread or just that part/onwards
    Please read my reply in said thread.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Please read my reply in said thread.
    a few posts up purplepansy noticed he did indeed have the patch after he checked preware, have you used preware or webosquickinstall before, if so the patch in question will appear on either of those and you can remove it, luna restart or reboot and all will be well.

    the patch is called "make advanced browser the default browser"
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    a few posts up purplepansy noticed he did indeed have the patch after he checked preware, have you used preware or webosquickinstall before, if so the patch in question will appear on either of those and you can remove it, luna restart or reboot and all will be well.

    the patch is called "make advanced browser the default browser"
    Nothing like that in my Preware list.
    Advanced Browser is there but not the 'make default' file.

    More ideas please.
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Nothing like that in my Preware list.
    Advanced Browser is there but not the 'make default' file.

    More ideas please.
    doesnt list anywhere or doesnt list in "installed" section?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    doesnt list anywhere or doesnt list in "installed" section?
    I've just checked once again and, no, it isn't there at all!

Posting Permissions