webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Can't Install Preware on Touchpad
Can't Install Preware on Touchpad

Old 12/20/2012, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

I recently had to wipe my 32GB Touchpad, so now I am trying to get Preware installed again, but I'm having some issues. When I try to run webOS Quick Install on my Windows 8 laptop, it gives me an error saying that no devices are recognized, something it doesn't say for my Pre 3 or Pre 2. It also offers to reinstall the novacom drivers, but when I try, it says "Error: Driver installation failed". So, I tried installing the novacom drivers via the universal novacom installer, which did work, but it didn't fix the problem in WOQI. I am sure my device is in dev mode, I am using an official Palm USB cable, and I have tried all of my USB ports. So, I tried running WOQI on my friend's Mac, and it did recognize the Touchpad, but when I tried to download Preware, it gives me an error saying "System busy, please try again later". So, I tried using the Preware manual installer, which relies on webOS Doctor, and it did install Preware, but it is the phone version, not the tablet version. What should I do to get this working?
Chris Dominowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you can get wTerm, there's an install script that will install the latest version for you.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

I can't get any homebrew on my touchpad. Does there exist a Preware .ipk?
Chris Dominowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

how did you enable dev mode out of curiosity?

usual method is to type:

webos20090606

into "just type" and the dev mode icon appears, launch that to have the option to enable/disable, if its disabled then webosquickinstall wont ever see the device.
Old 12/21/2012, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Can you use Novaterm?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 03/05/2013, 04:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

I want to install Preware on my Touchpad. When I type webos20090606 in Just Type and hit enter, nothing happens.
purplepansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2013, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

No need to hit enter. Wait for the Developer Mode app to come up.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0