webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Playlists empty (Media Monkey)
Playlists empty (Media Monkey)

Old 12/19/2012, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi.

I am now using Media Monkey which I am generally impressed with.
However, the Touchpad shows all ynched playlists as having zero tracks.
They all display "<playlist> (0)"
I have examined the playlists on the Touchpad and they appear to be "correct".
I can even access the playlist folder held on the Touchpad (Playlists folder) from MediaMonkey and operate the playlist from there (picks up tracks from the TouchPad and plays them in MediaMonkey).

Is there anyway I can get this to "work" on the Touchpad?

PS - This is purely an issue for local playback on the Touchpad. I can play the playlist through BHome Pro on the Touchpad with no problem (ie access the playlist from MediaMonkey as a media server).

A sample of one of the offending .m3u playlists is provided below -

F:\Music\Michael Jackson - Off the Wall\05 Off the Wall.mp3
F:\Music\Blondie - Eat to the Beat\03 Union City Blue.mp3
F:\Music\The Pogues - Very Best of the Pogues\04 Fiesta.mp3
F:\Music\The Pogues - Very Best of the Pogues\02 The Irish Rover.mp3
F:\Music\The Jam - The Gift\10 Town Called Malice.mp3

Cheers,

Ian
ifenelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

If the playlist is constructed on your PC, how does it know where to find the tracks on your TouchPad? For example doesn't your playlist refer to files in F:\Music ? Even if Media Monkey could re-map the location when transferring the m3u playlist, it has no idea of the WebOS internal file system.
Semma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

I kind of get what you are saying, but surely there must be a way to get the synched m3u playlist (from Media Monkey) to work on the Touchpad?
I am not an expert on TouchPad Playlists, but if the playlist is listed on the TouchPad (copied across from Media Monkey) and all the music it refers to is also on the Touchpad, how do we get the 2 linked together so that the required tracks appear on the TP playlist?
Old 12/19/2012, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Try leaving off the drive letter and use relative paths. That is, for each song take off "F:\Music\", and then place the playlist in "F:\Music\".
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 04:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Try leaving off the drive letter and use relative paths. That is, for each song take off "F:\Music\", and then place the playlist in "F:\Music\".
Thanks for the advice. Makes perfect sense....
I got Media Monkey to generate the playlist using Relative paths and to store the .m3u playlist in the /Music/ folder.
I synced with the TouchPad and I can see the playlist in the right place when I am in USB mode.
The Playlist also shows up in the Playlists list in the TP Music app.
But when I click on it, I still get (0) tracks...

Here is some sample content of the Playlist .m3u file -

Michael Jackson - Off the Wall\05 Off the Wall.mp3
Blondie - Eat to the Beat\03 Union City Blue.mp3
The Pogues - Very Best of the Pogues\04 Fiesta.mp3
The Pogues - Very Best of the Pogues\02 The Irish Rover.mp3
The Jam - The Gift\10 Town Called Malice.mp3

I can access and use the Playlist stored on the TP in WMP and Media Monkey with no problems so the Playlist itself must be fine - the issue must be on the TP (?)

As an aside - I thought I would examine how the TP stored Playlist information for Playlists generated on the TP itself, using the "New Playlist" option. I did this successfully, but when I search for the Playlist in USB mode, Ican't find anything with the name I used. Odd...?

Cheers,

Ian

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0