webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > old news HP touchpad 32G WCDA android version
old news HP touchpad 32G WCDA android version
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TopTongueBarry

Old 12/16/2012, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Today got two HP 32G WCDA android version devices from my friend. It sounds like below
CPU APQ 8060 (64MB)
Memory SanDisk 32G
DDR2 Samsung 8G
Android 2.2.1
CDMA sim card set like Touchpad 4G (Don't have CDMA sim card can not try it)
will report it later.....
lemanho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2012, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

In charger battery over 12hours that are worry about battery damaged in the first. It can feel that no one use it for longtim.Two devices were develop in Jan 2011 and slight difference.One show msm 8660_topaz.one show msn8658_topaz.Camera can not use.It is turn around control compare TP. Home is left side. Power and volume are right side.There are some softs inside CDMA NAM programming/Dev Tools/Qualcomm settings/Spare parts and the other normal softwares.Do not dare downloard any software.(No andriod market right now)...

Old 12/17/2012, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Could I ask for a translation please.
Wheel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 06:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

I am sorry what you mean a translation....

some comments for this touchpad andriod version
1. can use stone to charge battery as TP (I like it. ...)
2. connect to PC as Qualcom HSUSB drive. It need to install 4-5 drivers and reboot PC.
4. Open the USB mold on this device. Can transfer some picture/music to device SD card.
5. Can be downloard Google Play from net. But can not installl.....
6. Can be downloard andriod market (Chinese version). Can install it and running it
7. Can downloard Angry birds from andriod market. But can install/can not run...(misunderstood)
8. Can downloard Halfbrick /can install/can run....(Do not understand why)
9. the softwares which downloard from net can not transfer to SD card. So phone storage is 100-200MB that is not enough.........
Old 12/21/2012, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
In charger battery over 12hours that are worry about battery damaged in the first. It can feel that no one use it for longtim.Two devices were develop in Jan 2011 and slight difference.One show msm 8660_topaz.one show msn8658_topaz.Camera can not use.It is turn around control compare TP. Home is left side. Power and volume are right side.There are some softs inside CDMA NAM programming/Dev Tools/Qualcomm settings/Spare parts and the other normal softwares.Do not dare downloard any software.(No andriod market right now)...

Sounds like you have one of those original 7" Touchpad GO's that came with Froyo installed natively. I personally have seen two of themto date, and know of the existance of three others in Taiwan. If that's the device you are holding, then they can be converted to webOS if you're willing to spend some time in front of a linux box. also rumor has it jcsullins may be working on puttinga dual boot cm9 build onto one of them too. That'd be ideal, webOS and CM9 , much better than a native Froyo installation ....

Or is it really a 9.7" Hp Touchpad device with Froyo on it? Heard of them, never actually saw anything (pictures or devices) to confirm they really exist. .....

TTB

Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/21/2012 at 11:17 AM.
TopTongueBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

That's true. You can PM me for more detail if you like this device. I do not want do the way as you mention.Because I have ordinary touchpad 32G WiFi that running webOS And CM9 already.Also I had killed one Touchpadgo 32G 3G by myself. I got the touchpad 64G 3G (Not ATT 4G) and Touchpadgo 16G 3G andriod version this week. I will open the new topics to talk about it later.....
There are over 10 sets HP touchpad and HP touchpadgo on my hand.
Old 12/23/2012, 08:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Can not use china telecom 3G WCDMA card for this device..........
In CDMA NAM Programming's User Activation. Need to fill out
1.IMSI Number enter the 10 digit IMSI number
2.Mobile Directory Numberenter the 10 digit mobile directory number
3.IMSI mobile country code Enter the mobile country code
4.IMSI 11 and 12 Enter the 11th and 12th digits of the IMSI number

Don't know how to enter it...
Check with Antutu CPU master pro v2.5.5. It shows
Phone model: msm8660_topaz,andriod v2.2.1
Kernel Linux version 2.6.35.7
Hardware: HP MSM8X60 TOPAZ
Old 12/25/2012, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

here are some pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00037.JPG (150.6 KB, 31 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg DSC00038.JPG (232.3 KB, 32 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg DSC00041.JPG (181.4 KB, 22 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg DSC00042.JPG (167.7 KB, 25 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg DSC00045.JPG (227.2 KB, 35 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg DSC00048.JPG (199.4 KB, 23 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg DSC00050.JPG (205.9 KB, 32 views) Email Attachment
Old 12/27/2012, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

Just sell it to me so I can replace the MBM with a Sierra LTE MBM, and load webOS on it.

Can't imagine continuing to use Froyo on any device these days .............. arrrraaaghhhhhh
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 12/27/2012, 11:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Why you want upgrade it to Webos ? You mean that can keep the original android 2.2.1 and run webOS in it..Just like CM9 ....Wow.
I want to sell it to you who is supper fans for touchpad and touchpadgo......
Old 12/27/2012, 12:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

I don't know, Froyo is pretty old. Sure, most apps support it still, but with all the new Android versions coming out it just feels so ...behind.

It may be good to have a ROM dump, though.

(Off topic: Does Android have membooting? There's the recovery, but you can't dump the original if you replace it with a custom one, and you can't dump ROM without having a custom recovery.)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 01:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

I find the way to flash this device from andriod 2.2.1 to webos 3.0.5 directly . Just follow up "How to flash webos image with andriod on topaz" issued on Oct11 2010 by hp. But do not find way flash touchpad webos to andriod 2.2.1or 2.3.3.......
Old 01/23/2013, 02:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

The second to last photo suggests that this is a TouchPad. The 9.7in kind. Also given that the TouchPad's code name is Topaz (as it shows in the model number.
Old 01/23/2013, 03:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

Of course. This is touchpad 32G wifi 9.7 inch. But buiding up andriod 2.2.1 in it. No webos rom......

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0