webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > HELP - Hp touchpad update brick "www.palm.com/ROM"
HELP - Hp touchpad update brick "www.palm.com/ROM"

Old 12/16/2012, 03:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

I had cyanogenmod 7 install on it a while ago. I didn't bother to update the cyanogen since everything works fine.

Suddenly my touchpad found a new update for Webos recently. I left it on the counter to charge, and when I got back I found the "www.palm.com/ROM" on the display.

I believe the touchpad update on it's own.

NOW i'm stuck, can't reboot to select webos or cyanogen. PLEASE HELP ME!

What can I do?
Fishing2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2012, 04:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

I haven't keep up with the new stuff for the touchpad, so if anyone can guide me step by step. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.... omg I'm panicing
Old 12/16/2012, 05:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

You can Doctor it. Go to the address shown and follow the instructions. After that if you want Android back on I suppose you could just do whatever you did to install it in the first place and it should work.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2012, 08:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing2013 View Post
I haven't keep up with the new stuff for the touchpad, so if anyone can guide me step by step. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.... omg I'm panicing
when bootie can not launch the uImage, it displays that error, using the forum search for using memboot and mount the boot partition and use ln -s to recreate the uImage file...

This can also happen if the uImage kernel package is missing in boot...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2012, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the fast reponse guys. I'll do some search and see if I can fix it. I'll report back later today.
Old 12/16/2012, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You can Doctor it. Go to the address shown and follow the instructions. After that if you want Android back on I suppose you could just do whatever you did to install it in the first place and it should work.
I went to the address. I log into my account and try to download the doctor. But an error came up. Not sure what's up. Let me try it again.
Old 12/16/2012, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Just tried the Doctor and using novacomd and it failed at 8%.
Old 12/16/2012, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

tried the newest Doctor and install the novacomd again and this time I got 100% completion.
Old 12/16/2012, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Finally got it to work!! Thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate it. I use Doctor 3.0.5.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0