webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Clearing Data of Touchpad
Clearing Data of Touchpad

Old 12/14/2012, 08:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi I am selling my 32gb Touchpad on the AV Forums, and need a easy method of clearing personal data, I have it as dual boot and wish to keep both installed for new owner when I sell, so question is best way to clear Hp data I have card details etc on hp account, same for Google play, I assume its is not as easy as removing both accounts from TP (or is it)
WillWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

In webOS you can go to Device Info->Reset Options->Secure Full Erase and it will clear out everything for webOS. Make sure you uninstall any homebrew patches and kernels before that so the next owner will have less problems installing them back on. In Android you can either use the recovery or within the OS Settings->Backup & reset->Factory data reset.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: WillWord
Old 12/14/2012, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
In webOS you can go to Device Info->Reset Options->Secure Full Erase and it will clear out everything for webOS. Make sure you uninstall any homebrew patches and kernels before that so the next owner will have less problems installing them back on. In Android you can either use the recovery or within the OS Settings->Backup & reset->Factory data reset.
Thanks, so if I reset webos everything goes back to stock, and Android remains untouched until I do a factory data reset, does this then.

Leave me with a working clean install of webos (subject to remove homebrew patches) and none of my installed apps?

Leave me with a working clean install of Android, still working side by side.

Many thanks
Old 12/14/2012, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWord View Post
Leave me with a working clean install of webos (subject to remove homebrew patches) and none of my installed apps?
Yes, and without any files on the USB partition.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Yes, and without any files on the USB partition.
Hi reset both WEBOS and Android back to factory, thanks for your help.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0