webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > spinning wheel
spinning wheel
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cherrychapstick
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By jscm3

Old 12/13/2012, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

lately I've noticed my touchpad constantly spinning its version of MAC's 'beachball of death' and it's driving me mad.. Does anyone else have this problem?
I don't do anything too heavy-duty with the device - mostly surfing the web and checking email - so I can't figure out what the problem could be. But typically now as I'm reading any given webpage, the spinning starts. It goes for about 20 seconds and then the page reloads, but I've lost all of my previous pages (the back arrow is unclickable, as if that were the 1st page I'd opened)
Do I need to update or something (I am running 3.0.5) or install something? I'm totally clueless.
thanks in advance for any help
cherrychapstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jscm3 likes this.
Old 12/13/2012, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Have you not rebboted in a while? If you haven't you should. Also some sites tend to overload the TouchPad browser, such as sites that incessantly try to load Flash ads.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Eantheman likes this.
Thanked By: cherrychapstick
Old 12/14/2012, 07:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

thanks - I'll give that a shot
cherrychapstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

I get this a lot, usually from leaving the browser open for an extended period. The only fix I have found is a reboot.
yorxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2012, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Same problem here.
I'm not familiar with Mac's beach ball, so I call it the "toilet flush".

Along with that, I find that many pages will load about 3/4 of the way, then seem to get stuck.

Reboot seems to help some, but I feel like its been coming back faster each time...
jscm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2012, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscm3 View Post
Same problem here.
I'm not familiar with Mac's beach ball, so I call it the "toilet flush".

Along with that, I find that many pages will load about 3/4 of the way, then seem to get stuck.

Reboot seems to help some, but I feel like its been coming back faster each time...
The latter may be an internet connection problem, or overly complex websites.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jscm3
Old 12/29/2012, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I only have it on XDA-developers. But it only started like 2 months ago. Never had a problem before. Starting to think they have changed something to make it very heavy all of a sudden.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2012, 10:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

Another issue that seemed to start at the same time, is that I can no longer scroll the page while its loading. It will scroll, but as soon as I release, it snaps immediately to some particular part of the page, usually not the top. It will continue to do that until the page is fully loaded. Very annoying, especially when the loading stalls.
jscm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Eantheman likes this.
Old 12/29/2012, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I only have it on XDA-developers. But it only started like 2 months ago. Never had a problem before. Starting to think they have changed something to make it very heavy all of a sudden.

XDA Site causes me problems also...The site appears to load fine but at the final stage my TP just throws up a blank white screen.
I tend to now tap on the x to stop the page fully loading which is kinda hit n miss, I'm either a little too late and get white screen or I tap x too soon and page is only part loaded
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 12/29/2012, 01:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you haven't rebooted in a while and left a card open for a while then that's probably your problem. A simple reboot or reset should do the trick.

-Ean
Eantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 06:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post

Vistaus, just curios to know if you have seen any improvement on this issue with XDA site?

I have deleted all patches and I also erased all apps and data (via webOS reset options)...Still xda loads to a white screen

I have used our other TP and that loads xda without any issue, This TP has not been modified in any way. No preware, No CM9/10. This leads me to consider the issue is with the TP browser rather than XDA
con500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 08:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Nope, the problem is still here, unfortanetly. Even with the iPad user agent patch installed.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: con500

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0