webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > No Wifi - WebOS Setup
No Wifi - WebOS Setup

Old 12/10/2012, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

I did a reset of my touchpad and want to start new with factory default settings. No problems, WebOS-setup starts, I choose language and country and then...the touchpad needs a network, but doesn't find anything. There are many networks around, WEP/WAP/open, different WLAN-channels, but the pad finds no one.
I used the web doctor 3.0.0 and 3.0.5, nothing changed.

What could I do? The pad works, but I couldn't continue the setup, because it needs a network :-((

bye
DerSmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 11:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Make sure the router you're using is close, and is on channel 2. See if that helps.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Make sure the router you're using is close, and is on channel 2. See if that helps.
I'm afraid ...no
Old 12/10/2012, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

You could try bypassing activation for now, and coming back later to finish setup when you sort out your WiFi problem. There's a tutorial on getting the activation bypass tool to work in the resource list linked from my signature.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Thanked By: DerSmu
Old 12/10/2012, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
You could try bypassing activation for now, and coming back later to finish setup when you sort out your WiFi problem. There's a tutorial on getting the activation bypass tool to work in the resource list linked from my signature.
great *dancing*
thank you!!
Old 12/11/2012, 05:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hey,

i can work with WebOS now, but there is still no way to find a network. Any good ideas?
Old 12/11/2012, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

I had this issue too with the earlier versions of webOS. The workarounds that I found were to use different routers. If that's not available, you might want to see if you can tether your Touchpad to a phone. Hope this helps!
DeusEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
I had this issue too with the earlier versions of webOS. The workarounds that I found were to use different routers. If that's not available, you might want to see if you can tether your Touchpad to a phone. Hope this helps!
same thing with tethering to a phone
Old 12/12/2012, 11:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hmm... wonky WiFi hardware? When I get back home I'll give some instructions.
Old 12/12/2012, 04:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm... wonky WiFi hardware? When I get back home I'll give some instructions.
I don't think it's a wifi hardware problem, because I didn't changed anything about it. From one day to another, the pad doesn't find any network. That's why I did the reset and tried the web doctor and so on..

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0