1.    #1  
    Hi,

I did a reset of my touchpad and want to start new with factory default settings. No problems, WebOS-setup starts, I choose language and country and then...the touchpad needs a network, but doesn't find anything. There are many networks around, WEP/WAP/open, different WLAN-channels, but the pad finds no one.
    I used the web doctor 3.0.0 and 3.0.5, nothing changed.

What could I do? The pad works, but I couldn't continue the setup, because it needs a network :-((

bye
    Make sure the router you're using is close, and is on channel 2. See if that helps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Make sure the router you're using is close, and is on channel 2. See if that helps.
    I'm afraid ...no
    You could try bypassing activation for now, and coming back later to finish setup when you sort out your WiFi problem. There's a tutorial on getting the activation bypass tool to work in the resource list linked from my signature.
  5.    #5  
    You could try bypassing activation for now, and coming back later to finish setup when you sort out your WiFi problem. There's a tutorial on getting the activation bypass tool to work in the resource list linked from my signature.
    great *dancing*
    thank you!!
  6.    #6  
    Hey,

i can work with WebOS now, but there is still no way to find a network. Any good ideas?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I had this issue too with the earlier versions of webOS. The workarounds that I found were to use different routers. If that's not available, you might want to see if you can tether your Touchpad to a phone. Hope this helps!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    I had this issue too with the earlier versions of webOS. The workarounds that I found were to use different routers. If that's not available, you might want to see if you can tether your Touchpad to a phone. Hope this helps!
    same thing with tethering to a phone
    Hmm... wonky WiFi hardware? When I get back home I'll give some instructions.
  10.    #10  
    Hmm... wonky WiFi hardware? When I get back home I'll give some instructions.
    I don't think it's a wifi hardware problem, because I didn't changed anything about it. From one day to another, the pad doesn't find any network. That's why I did the reset and tried the web doctor and so on..