webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > WiFi Hotspot on TouchPad
WiFi Hotspot on TouchPad

Old 12/07/2012, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

I remember seeing the app in the catalog a while back, and thought to download it. I'm using it on a regular TouchPad, so obviously it couldn't share Internet, but I did notice I can access SSH set up by OptWare. Might be of some value for development work without a router or cables. Anyone tried it on a TouchPad 4G/TouchPad Go?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

freeTether works very well on my TP 4G.
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
freeTether works very well on my TP 4G.
Did you have to get a tethering plan from your phone provider? I can't think of many times I'm not near a hotspot but it would be good to use the app if needed. It's currently like the only app I've downloaded and never used but I wouldn't use it enough to justify getting a tethering plan or losing unlimited Internet
wetbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 03:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetbandits View Post
Did you have to get a tethering plan from your phone provider? I can't think of many times I'm not near a hotspot but it would be good to use the app if needed. It's currently like the only app I've downloaded and never used but I wouldn't use it enough to justify getting a tethering plan or losing unlimited Internet
No special tethering plan is required. The data plan for the TP 4g through AT&T is between $15 (250MB) & $50 (5GB) per month.
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0