webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > WOSQI help needed
WOSQI help needed

Old 12/05/2012, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

I'm having trouble downloading webOS v4.4.0 onto my HP pavilions dv7 notebook.
I have connected the touchpad, enabled the developer setting and I get the error novacom error saying there is no device connected, so I can't install the drivers for novacom and the webOS won't install.
I have connected the device and chosen both the close option and the USB option.
any suggestions would be great,
thanks
marculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Err... there is no webOS 4.4.0. What version are you actually trying to install? And you don't need to install Novacom ahead of the time if you're Doctoring, as it'll install as part of the process.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wait a minute, wait a minute.

There is no webOS v.4

If you have the original Pre or Pixi or the Pre+/Pixi+, you have webOS 1.4, if you have a Pre2, a Veer or a Pre3, it's webOS 2.x and the Touchpad comes with 3.x

webOS Quick Install, what you are most likely referring to, is an installer app that is used to load Preware on your device, and from Preware you download any other homebrew app.

Depending on your device, you can still upgrade the OS version using MetaDoctor, but that's tricky if you aren't careful and you may end up bricking your device. Don't tell me i didn't warn you.

Ok, i see you have a Touchpad. That most likely runs the most recent version available
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

<<thread title updated>>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Here is the WOSQI 4.4.0 thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-4-0-a.html

Do you have the latest Java? Verify Java Version

Do you have the novacom drivers installed? Downloads - universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0