webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Even with a Nexus 7 I still use my touchpad everyday
Even with a Nexus 7 I still use my touchpad everyday
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ceveret3
  • 1 Post By k4ever

Old 12/05/2012, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi forum, long time no see! I recently bought a nexus 7 on Black Friday because it was a very good deal I got 32 gig version for only $230. I got the Nexus 7 really is just a replacement TouchPad go, because this was what I really wanted.

But even with a new tablet purchase I still use my touchpad every single day. The touchpad speakers are much louder and I use it mainly for podcast and play music around the house while the Nexus 7 stays in my pocket money for work and Netflix.

Also with my touchpad I still use at apps like flixi everyday just because I have the touchstone. I do not use alarm clock though because that function is completely broken and not reliable in my experience. Even though Android is good and does have a semi user friendly user experience I don't love it as much as I do WebOS. I fell as if I am using Android as a glorified app launcher with the few wiz bang features. However if WebOs had Netflix I might never have look at Android for tablets and or phones.

In any case there is not much more anyone can say or do about the state of Web OS at least in the case of consumer hardware side. But I just wanted to make a small little forum post let everyone know I'll still using my day 1 Touchpad despite my Android phone and Nexus 7. And to all the WebOS faithful still fighting the good fight hopefully 1 day I'll be able to come back fully immersed myself in the OS we all truly love.
ceveret3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by k4ever, con500 and Remy X like this.
Old 12/05/2012, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have CM9 on my Touchpad for dual booting to Android. I still prefer webOS despite a couple of issues - 1) Text is sharper with Android - I need to see about replacing default text in webOS. 2. Android has a newer flash version which is smoother and quicker.
My brother picked up the Nexus 7. I didn't think I would like the size but it is quite portable and web pages don't look at all bad on it.
Enjoy them both for the benefits they provide.
workerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
I have CM9 on my Touchpad for dual booting to Android. I still prefer webOS despite a couple of issues - 1) Text is sharper with Android - I need to see about replacing default text in webOS. 2. Android has a newer flash version which is smoother and quicker.
My brother picked up the Nexus 7. I didn't think I would like the size but it is quite portable and web pages don't look at all bad on it.
Enjoy them both for the benefits they provide.
I have CM9 on my TouchPad as well. I keep installing it, then uninstalling it. I forced myself to leave it installed this time. It has been installed for more than 3 months this last time around. I even update it every time a new nightly comes out, yet I only have less than a week's worth of use on it. I have a ton of apps on it yet I hardly ever use them. The problem with Android is the usability. WebOS is just a ton easier to use, especially with Luna CE installed. I have thought about getting a Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire HD to replace my TouchPad with. I just can't seem to get myself to buy one.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/06/2012 at 11:09 PM.
k4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by MartinH@webos likes this.
Old 12/06/2012, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

can't really add anything new to what's been said above, totally agree.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0