webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > App Catalog issue
App Catalog issue

Old 12/03/2012, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

I first noticed this issue over the weekend. When I open the App Catalog on my Touchpad, the home screen comes up, but when I click on Categories, none of the apps ever show up. I just get the spinner like it is trying to download the data and cant' connect to the server. Yet, from my Pre 2, I can access the App Catalog.

My Touchpad is running the latest updates...3.0.5 and App Catalog 5.0.3400. Anyone else seen this?

Last edited by NCCaniac; 12/03/2012 at 09:51 AM.
NCCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hi CNCaniac,

When is the last time you did a Full Restart of your TouchPad? Whenever I encounter these issues, it's usually because I haven't restarted in a while. If the problems are still there after rebooting, we can check other possibilities.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: NCCaniac
Old 12/03/2012, 09:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

I guess it is has been a while since I have done a full restart on my Touchpad. I will try that.
Old 12/03/2012, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It's loading fine here ..
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

My problem is different - I find an app I want to d/l in preware, but when preware sends me to the app catalog (I have tuckerbox installed), I get a message that the app "is not a valid webos application". Which of course is nonsense.
Old 12/05/2012, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shneor View Post
My problem is different - I find an app I want to d/l in preware, but when preware sends me to the app catalog (I have tuckerbox installed), I get a message that the app "is not a valid webos application". Which of course is nonsense.
Trying to get a paid app that's not supported by your device? Sorry, won't work unless you've got a supported device and buy it from that device. App Tuckerbox does not support purchasing, and App Catalog prevents you from purchasing if you don't have a compatible device.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/2012, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
I guess it is has been a while since I have done a full restart on my Touchpad. I will try that.
Doing a full reboot on my Touchpad cleared up this problem and I can now access the App Catalog.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0