webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > additional touchpad on same profile
additional touchpad on same profile
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MudShark22
  • 1 Post By GMMan

Old 12/02/2012, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

I need to register a new touchpad , I am pretty sure you can't have more than one on the same profile, but can you use the same credit card on the new profile. Thanks all in advance
modelnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2012, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

You can have as many Touchpad on the same profile as you want. (actually there could be a limit that I'm not aware of).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 01:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

I agree with Matt, have never heard of a limit on TouchPads and same CC will work.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have four TPs on same profile...not an issue. BTW, same profile = same CC
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 12/03/2012, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

^ good point, hadn't even really thought about that
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 12/03/2012, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have my wifes and my touch pad on the same profile. If I buy an app for my touch pad she gets it free on hers.
stewart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I just got a touchpad back from sister in law who did not want it anymore. She is non techie and was too frustrated with glitches. It is perfect. No scuffs, no scratches, battery doctor reads 95%. So I Acmeuninstalled Android, secure wiped webOS side, and then doctored. Then I registered it with my other touchpad's profile.

Now the weird, The "new" touchpad, before the installation of preware and patches, has my other touchpad's games and homebrew launcher tabs. Not the home brew apps, just the tabs. Anyone have any idea how that happened?

Everything is working great. Preware is back on, patches installed well, dual booted now with cm9 with working camera. All great, just have no idea how that bit of homebrew persisted through what I thought was a complete wipe and reset to stock.

Last note, I do not remember if I homebrewed this touchpad previously. When it came back to me, there was no preware or homebrew app on it, though my sister in law might have deleted them if I had put them on, in an effort to make it harder to break by my nephew. But this touchpad was cm9'ed previously, thus the initial Acmeunistaller run.

Love it, just curious.
thepook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

The Palm Profile backs up your launcher settings... for some reason (I have never seen a solid answer on it), the launcher tabs get backed up as well.
Thanked By: thepook
Old 12/04/2012, 04:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
The Palm Profile backs up your launcher settings... for some reason (I have never seen a solid answer on it), the launcher tabs get backed up as well.
thanks. That is kind of cool. I don't recall if the patch for these two extra launcher tabs was a linux application and not a patch, and maybe that's why it can do it. But anyway thanks for the information that this is an expected result, not the consequence of me screwing the pooch in some way. Yea! An almost new perfect touchpad with an uncracked screen and all my apps. Funny, I have a htc droid incredible (still really like it.) and am dual booting the touchpad with cm9 (love angry birds star wars, netflx, xfinity), and I still end up using it in webOS boot daily, with lunaCE alpha 4.10. Is it just me, or does everything just look prettier in webOS including paid for wallpaper switcheroo. Just some gorgeous images.

I do wish I could tap 5 different links from one web page and have them actually all load in background while I'm reading the first page, without having to tap one, let it load, then tap the next. That actually works in dolphin, but I still tend to use webOS. Strange how mathias Duarte has not been able to make android something you love and feel a personal connection to.

Last edited by thepook; 12/04/2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12/04/2012, 05:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

I am with you, I have CM9... couldn't believe there wasn't a way I could figure out to get good wallpapers... all my webOS devices have an interfacelift app that works well.

There are a lot of things I like better in webOS, I use advanced browser and it loads pages(tabs) in the background pretty reliably.

I believe you are correct that the extra launcher tabs is a linux app. Not sure if that is why it is persistent with the profile... Your profile remembers your launcher page setup including additional pages on the phone. So maybe it's an unintended side effect of how the palm profile functions even though the TP didn't come with the feature (ability to add more launcher pages) our of the box.
Thanked By: thepook
Old 12/04/2012, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
I am with you, I have CM9... couldn't believe there wasn't a way I could figure out to get good wallpapers... all my webOS devices have an interfacelift app that works well.

There are a lot of things I like better in webOS, I use advanced browser and it loads pages(tabs) in the background pretty reliably.

I believe you are correct that the extra launcher tabs is a linux app. Not sure if that is why it is persistent with the profile... Your profile remembers your launcher page setup including additional pages on the phone. So maybe it's an unintended side effect of how the palm profile functions even though the TP didn't come with the feature (ability to add more launcher pages) our of the box.
good info on advanced browser. I didn't know advanced browser worked like that.. Might just have to pop for that. Though rather than tabs, I really like lunaCE's implementation of stacked cards with side tabbed cards, just wish they would all load without tapping them all. Slick, geek sexy fun. Still the best $150 I ever spent on tech (well actually $600, bought 4, would have bought 10 if my bank hadn't closed down the last two transactions in a fraud prevention exercise. Not that I intended to buy that many, browser kept crashing before confirmation screen, so I didn't know if the transaction actually processed, 2+2+3+3, but I had the cash at the time.)
Old 12/04/2012, 07:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

I was in the same boat as you (bought my 32 gig before fire sale). Ended up with 3 more after fire sale, resold one at cost to a coworker wife got one and I kept the third as a dev device to not mess with my daily use tablet.
Old 12/05/2012, 12:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

Maybe Luna exports all the launcher tabs it finds. They're just stored as files, and those files are uploaded to the backup server as is.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0