webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > has anyone's TP *NOT* lost bookmarks?
has anyone's TP *NOT* lost bookmarks?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover

Old 12/01/2012, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

I'm tired of resetting apps & data every few months. Is this a stock flaw in WebOS, or is it something that can be avoided? At this point, I'd rather pick up a Kindle Fire to replace my TP. I mostly use it just for web browsing anyway, and originally wanted the 7" Go version before the apocalypse happened.
gamoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

I haven't had this happen to mine

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Thanked By: gamoses
Old 12/01/2012, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

It shouldn't be necessary to reset things that often. Nothing's happened to mine.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Never heard of this happening.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

okay, so what the heck am I doing wrong? I have this problem every few months, even after an HP-repaired wipe and reload. I'm assuming y'all are still running preware? What else could it be? Should I list all my apps and patches? I know this is a common problem because of all the threads here about it. I open a browser window, and my bookmarks list is clear. Open email app, it's blank. A hard reset is an easy fix, but it soon reoccurs. Deleting "apps and data" on the devise fixes it for a couple months, but that's a serious pain.
Old 12/01/2012, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

some of your issues sound like they can be fixed by reading some of the "application database is full" threads, theres a few with some ideas and fixes, deffo worth a read, 1 such solution was a front page article not long ago.
Old 12/02/2012, 08:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

My primary use TouchPad has been running since January, with no apparent loss of anything.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

My daily driver has not been "reset" in any way since I got it in July 2011, only time I "lose bookmarks" is when I don't have a WiFi connection. (of course it has been reset as in rebooted, but not apps and data as the OP was asking, or doctored)

Sounds like something is wrong with the OPs TouchPad to me...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 12/03/2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: clarification
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have to reset mine every 24 hours now. It's frustrating, and doesn't seem to be an isolated problem (e.g. TP needs daily re-boot).
Doshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 07:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

my thanks to all of you who replied :-)

I'm actually glad to hear that it's just me (and some others)
I'll try doctoring the TP and not reinstalling preware and other non-essential apps, and maybe the problem will finally be over. Sure will miss some of those patches, though.
Old 12/04/2012, 11:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

It's not Prewares fault, I have run Preware, patches, etc for three years, on three TouchPads, and seven webOS phones.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by geekpeter likes this.
Old 12/04/2012, 11:46 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah, definitely not because of Preware. It could be a difficult thing to pin down the cause, but Prepare itself does nothing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0