webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > No emails being received
No emails being received
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cyclingdaddy
  • 1 Post By Cyclingdaddy

Old 11/29/2012, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

MY HP Touchpad stopped reveing emails weeks ago. I have no idea how to correct. I am also a novice user and not technical. I will need simple steps for correction.
Lancoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2012, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Try removing then adding the email account in question from the Accounts app.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2012, 12:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

i've had same problem with webOS 3.0.5. Removing and adding account didn't help. I've downgraded to 3.0.4 and email is working fine now.
Old 11/30/2012, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

what kind of e-mail account and how exactly do you have it setup?

With this info, users with similar types of e-mail can advise you on the correct settings. Also, make sure you haven't updated your password with your provider (I know it's obvious, but does happen).
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had this problem three weeks ago. I ended up doing a device restart and it worked. Luna restart did not help. This problem has persisted daily with the same recourse.

Sad to say, but I just ditched it for a new iPad. My IT director said the wi-fi component was failing intermittently. It will probably only be a few months for my Pre 2 to go too given its broken proximity sensor.

BTW, the new iPad with the A6X chip has a deeper set of features to nearly everything except the user interface. I miss the cards. But speed wise, the iPad 4 is lightning fast.
Old 12/01/2012, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclingdaddy View Post
My IT director said the wi-fi component was failing intermittently..
Personally I would say unless you know the IT director to actually be good at his job, he was just throwing BS around. This is just from my personal experience with IT personnel. I seriously doubt your IT has any form of testing webOS components, so he threw out his first guess as to the problem (as I do many times), but that is not a diagnosis of the actual issue.

I would honestly guess IT didn't want to or doesn't have the resources to troubleshoot a device that was killed of 16 months ago and has no support from the manufacturer. Clearly this is a personal use device, and IT has no interest in spending time keeping it online.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 12/03/2012, 10:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Personally I would say unless you know the IT director to actually be good at his job, he was just throwing BS around. This is just from my personal experience with IT personnel. I seriously doubt your IT has any form of testing webOS components, so he threw out his first guess as to the problem (as I do many times), but that is not a diagnosis of the actual issue.

I would honestly guess IT didn't want to or doesn't have the resources to troubleshoot a device that was killed of 16 months ago and has no support from the manufacturer. Clearly this is a personal use device, and IT has no interest in spending time keeping it online.
I would answer your statement with a Yes and a No. He did test it and for no explained reason the wi-fi would fail to connect while all other nearby wi-fi devices functioned properly. He is very accomodating with various platforms. It was a business device used only for email and remoting in. I bought it before the iPad 2 was popular thinking this could be a good platform being that many of us used Palm phones. We all know where that went.

But at the end of the day, trying to fix the issue was not an option beyond what was already done (the "No"). We have lots of iPads (over 500) hence the reluctant migration. So as you pointed out, IT directors do like conformity. Although he really liked the TouchPad especially for its user interface. We have a few others still in service. Only a matter of time..
Old 12/03/2012, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclingdaddy View Post
I would answer your statement with a Yes and a No. He did test it and for no explained reason the wi-fi would fail to connect while all other nearby wi-fi devices functioned properly. He is very accomodating with various platforms. It was a business device used only for email and remoting in. I bought it before the iPad 2 was popular thinking this could be a good platform being that many of us used Palm phones. We all know where that went.

But at the end of the day, trying to fix the issue was not an option beyond what was already done (the "No"). We have lots of iPads (over 500) hence the reluctant migration. So as you pointed out, IT directors do like conformity. Although he really liked the TouchPad especially for its user interface. We have a few others still in service. Only a matter of time..
Thanks for the reply, cool that he actually tried to help instead of just saying get an iPad. Sorry to hear about another dead TP, but glad you are happy with the iPad.
Old 12/06/2012, 07:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Now you're gonna love this, but you probably already know it.

The iPad can't attach anything but photos and videos from within the native email app. Although you can email right from QuickOffice or the Box or DropBox apps, but no playing outside of the sandbox.

Hmmmmm. What were they thinking? Like I'm going to take a picture of a spreadsheet and email that?

Its been a week and I already miss my TouchPad.
Thanked By: OldSkoolVWLover

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0