webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Can you help me? (Doctoring Issue)
Can you help me? (Doctoring Issue)

Old 11/29/2012, 03:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello dear dear
I have a device hp touch pad stops working blunt I do not know what happened, but stopped working
They said to me that use application doctor webOS
But he did not work with me
Now, when operating in the center of the screen and below the triangle of the company site link
WebOS Doctor
Please tell me the correct way to solve this problem
This picture illustrates the problem

With sincere love and gratitude to all those who help me
tp koki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2012, 05:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Try finding the logs webOS Doctor. If you're on Windows, it's in %temp% (type in Explorer location bar), and a file named "PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log" (number may be different if you've run Doctor a lot before). Upload it here and we can analyze it.

<<staff edit>>
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/29/2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Please do not tell members how to use fonts and post
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2012, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Seen this a few time, some times running 3.0.0 doctor fixes, sometimes command line rebuild of the LVM, sometimes the NAND chip gets locked, system presents read only, no known way to fix that, love to know if someone knows that one....

I agree with the above post run the Dr. With command line java -jar Dr. File name (replace the Dr. File Name with the Dr.'s name and that you are in the same directory)...

Post output....
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2012, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

How to Doctor an HP TouchPad (reflash the ROM)

On your Touchpad be sure to have:

USB cable. The battery is charged to at least 30%.

Computer:

Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista Available USB port (not a hub or secondary port). Java 1.5 or later is installed. If you are not sure about what version of Java you have, or even if Java is installed, go to java.com: Java + You and click the Do I have Java? link to install the latest version of Java. 210MB of storage space. Internet connection.

Miscellaneous Info:

The update process will take approximately 15 minutes. During this process, your device will not be available for use.

Downloading webOS Doctor

Download webOS Doctor on your desktop computer. If you have a webOS profile, get it from http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

If not, check the webOS Internals page: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Get your TouchPad ready to update

Hold the Power Button for several seconds until a menu appears. Tap Shut Down to completely power down your device.

Running webOS Doctor

Double-click the file that was downloaded to run webOS Doctor. Follow the on screen directions up until you are asked to connect your device. Select the language you selected on your device, and click Next. Confirm your language choice. Click Accept to accept the terms of use. Click Next. webOS Doctor checks your system. BE PATIENT! I've seen this part take a few minutes to complete. After webOS Doctor finishes checking your system, you will be asked to connect your device.

Connecting your device and finishing the webOS Doctor update

Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable. You must connect your device directly to your computer, not through a USB hub or other intermediate device. Now the tricky part. Hold the Volume Up button on the device and insert the USB cable. After the large USB symbol appears on screen, let go of the Volume Up button. If you see the HP logo instead of the large USB symbol, you may have let go of the Volume Up button prematurely. If this occurred , wait until your device boots up, shut down your device and then repeat step 2. Windows will find your device and may offer to install two different drivers. When asked to install drivers of OMAP, select No, not at this time. When asked to install drivers for Palm Novacom (bootie), select Yes and let the drivers install. This may take a while. Once the drivers have been installed, the Next button will become available in webOS Doctor. Click Next. Do not disconnect your device from the computer during the update process. When the Reset Complete screen appears, click Done. Wait a few minutes for your device to reset. You're done!

WyreNut
WyreNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: tp koki
Old 12/03/2012, 04:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Dear WyreNut
That there are some steps that still versed not understand
I used the application doctor webOS But in the middle of loading stand
Please, tell me some things simply, I am not expertly that you have .. I am from the Middle East and we have no such experience that you have.
Please, tell me the proper steps simply and I will be grateful to you
These illustrative pictures loading when standing at the middle in the application doctor webOS
Old 12/04/2012, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Please my dear brothers
I hope that if there is a simple explanation for an operation to open the device, there are some steps that do not understand ...
Old 12/08/2012, 02:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

You need to show us a log file. Go to %temp% (use Win-R), and look for a file named PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.0. Upload that here.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 12/09/2012, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

I hope that I have not disturbed you, but you're my only hope in this problem
I'm sorry, and I say it once again, I'm sorry ..Builder sent private messages to you but I'm accompanying the last response to me is not my answer on the subject
But I will attach it here if you want here
Old 12/09/2012, 12:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yes, attach the log here.
Old 12/09/2012, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Dear dear
We have annexed file log
Has been attached to a direct link ...
To download the file, press here
ultrashare.NET - Simple Free File Hosting
Old 12/09/2012, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Looks like one of your partitions is really screwed up. Boot from installer ramdisk (see the resource list in my signature) and run the format command to format the media partition.
Code:
mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media
Old 12/10/2012, 05:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thank you for everything but in any subject in the signature
The signing of a lot of threads
Old 12/10/2012, 07:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Read: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...webos-use.html
Old 12/11/2012, 01:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

My best friend
I'm currently not out of nowhere I have the steps correctly I do not know what happened but the device does not work so far .
I became wish death because of the device, this device girlfriend Favorites do not know how to fix it
Old 12/11/2012, 01:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp koki View Post
My best friend

I'm currently not out of nowhere I have the steps correctly I do not know what happened but the device does not work so far .

I became wish death because of the device, this device girlfriend Favorites do not know how to fix it
The correct steps to take to fix the problem have been shared with you in this thread. If you cannot fix the device and decide to sell it, let me and us know. I or someone here would be more than happy to purchase your headache from you.
Old 12/11/2012, 01:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Dear ..TopTongueBarry
I looked for your presence here among us
If you can help me help me, and I will be grateful to you
And I do not intend to sell it .. And that you intend to sell it to you, I can not because I am from Iraq ..
And I say it once again if you can help me Saanda subject participated with us
Old 12/11/2012, 04:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
My best friend
List what you've done exactly as you've done it.
Old 12/13/2012, 06:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

I did all the things that have been written in the instructions, but the device did not work
Old 12/13/2012, 11:46 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I did all the things that have been written in the instructions, but the device did not work
Actually write out step by step what you did. You could have likely mixed up the order or forgot something.
Old 12/16/2012, 11:41 AM   #20 (permalink)

I do not know what I'm doing now I'm very confused.
Is there a video clip to clarify whether in you tub Or other sites

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0